Should I Fix These??

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MacCubed, Jul 25, 2015.

1. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Ok so I have a TiBook and a Lombard that are broken, this is what is wrong:

-TiBook (667 Mhz 2001)
    -Broken screen
    -Needs RAM
    -Needs Keyboard
    Overall, I'm looking to spend no more than $50

-Lombard (333 Mhz 1999)
    -Processor pins on the logic board bent
    This may be able to be fixed, but I think it needs an logic board replaced... They run cheap, but I would like to keep the original S/N

I would really like to get these up and going again, I just would like to see what others are thinking about the Lombard stuff.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

PM me. I have a screen I bought for my son's TiBook you can have. No hinges though. I've also got a keyboard. I'm not at home right now and it will take me a bit to get through the mess in the garage to find the stuff though if you want it.

3. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Thanks! I have a screen but the hinges on the enclosure are bad and I broke the enclosure when I opened it up

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I stupidly bought the screen thinking I could separate both it and the screen from my old TiBook and then transplant the hinges. But when I really looked at what was involved I decided just to stick the screen from my old PB into my son's TiBook. The hinges on that screen were the only solid thing about that Mac.

That screen (with it's hinges) is 14 years old now. :D

Anyway, so I have the screen for the 1.0Ghz model. I never tested it, but the seller originally said it worked. And again, it has no hinges. So, up to you if you want it.

I can still send you the keyboard though.

5. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Get that 667Mhz working! It was my first Mac! Anyway, sourcing a set of hinges shouldn't be too hard to do. Its replacing them that gets tricky. Luckily, opening and servicing that Mac isn't too difficult, not like the 12" I've opened now three times.

6. flyrod macrumors 6502

flyrod

Can you straighten the pins on the logic board with some tweezers?

7. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed