Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wish320

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a 13'' mbp but recently heard that 13'' retina will be released soon. I think I'll get 13 '' non-retina version anyways, but was wondering if I should still wait? Do you think there will be significant price drop of the original models once the 13'' retina is released? Does anyone know the price estimate of the 13'' retina?

Thanks so much!

Barna Biro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2011
Zug, Switzerland
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a 13'' mbp but recently heard that 13'' retina will be released soon. I think I'll get 13 '' non-retina version anyways, but was wondering if I should still wait? Do you think there will be significant price drop of the original models once the 13'' retina is released? Does anyone know the price estimate of the 13'' retina?

Thanks so much!

No one knows anything for sure at the moment ( except for a few people at Apple ). If it's a rush for you, get the 13" MBP now... I doubt you'll be seeing any price drop in MBP... 13" will most likely be quite close to the price of the 15" model ( most likely a few hundred less, but don't expect it to be too cheap ).

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
I'm in the same boat as you. Either get a cmbp for $999 or wait for retina. I assume low based retina would be at least $1499. Majority who want a 13" seem to be waiting for retina.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Now if u frequent this forum, if all the retina problems hasn't give u pause, then I dunno. FINE if your retina is peachy don't need to tell me, OK. Am just in that camp of never buy anything version 1.0, let them work out the bugs first, but that's just me.

Dramatic Pride Drop? LOL. Comeon men, Apple stuff NEVER get cheap, even last year's models. Oh, u save $100 perhaps but that's it, for last year's model.

I personally wait because I DON'T love the thick Mac with the built-in optical. Thinner no built-in optical is my thang but only u know what ur aesthetic and otherwise performance considerations.

Price? if u hadta ask, it's a non-issue for Apple products.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Do you think there will be significant price drop of the original models once the 13'' retina is released?

While there's no definitive way to answer your question, they didn't cut the price of the 15-inch. And any price cut would result in the "pro" costing less than the MacBook Air

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.