Should I get 13'' now or should I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wish320, Oct 14, 2012.

  1. wish320 macrumors newbie

    Oct 14, 2012
    Hi everyone,

    I'm thinking of getting a 13'' mbp but recently heard that 13'' retina will be released soon. I think I'll get 13 '' non-retina version anyways, but was wondering if I should still wait? Do you think there will be significant price drop of the original models once the 13'' retina is released? Does anyone know the price estimate of the 13'' retina?

    Thanks so much!
  2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

    Barna Biro

    Sep 25, 2011
    Luzern, Switzerland
    No one knows anything for sure at the moment ( except for a few people at Apple ). If it's a rush for you, get the 13" MBP now... I doubt you'll be seeing any price drop in MBP... 13" will most likely be quite close to the price of the 15" model ( most likely a few hundred less, but don't expect it to be too cheap ).
  3. katai macrumors regular

    Aug 30, 2009
    I'm in the same boat as you. Either get a cmbp for $999 or wait for retina. I assume low based retina would be at least $1499. Majority who want a 13" seem to be waiting for retina.
  4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

    Aug 27, 2012
    Now if u frequent this forum, if all the retina problems hasn't give u pause, then I dunno. FINE if your retina is peachy don't need to tell me, OK. Am just in that camp of never buy anything version 1.0, let them work out the bugs first, but that's just me.

    Dramatic Pride Drop? LOL. Comeon men, Apple stuff NEVER get cheap, even last year's models. Oh, u save $100 perhaps but that's it, for last year's model.

    I personally wait because I DON'T love the thick Mac with the built-in optical. Thinner no built-in optical is my thang but only u know what ur aesthetic and otherwise performance considerations.

    Price? if u hadta ask, it's a non-issue for Apple products.
  5. macuser1232 macrumors 6502a


    Jan 20, 2012
    Check out the Buyer's Guide at the top of the website.
  6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

    Oct 9, 2007
    While there's no definitive way to answer your question, they didn't cut the price of the 15-inch. And any price cut would result in the "pro" costing less than the MacBook Air

Share This Page