Should I get a 3GS or wait for the 4 - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sillybilly, Jul 22, 2010.

1. sillybilly macrumors newbie

My contract is up and my current phone is falling apart (Sony C905) and i want to get an iphone. I can get a 3GS now or should i wait for the 4 to be launched on my network?

Thanks.

2. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

What network are you on?

Wait for a 4. The 3GS is good, but the 4 has soo many new features, its worth th extra cash. If this was more you saying i have the 3G should I get the 3GS - i would say no, but 4 is a big enough difference in terms of features to justify the purchase

3. sillybilly thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mate I think i knew the answer before I posted just needed a friendly slap in the face to bring me round.

I'm on Three at the moment and they are being a little cagey about when the phone will be available.

4. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Here is my take on it (im been thru them all)

2G - Amazing iPhone, nothing like it, was amazing
    3G - Different design, not too much diff under the hood
    3GS - Superb phone, sluggishness gone however physical design never changed

Iphone 4 - Wow, the speed is like the iPad, camera is great and that screen - WOW, I cant help looking at the detail.

I have an iPad and dont enjoy using it now ive been subjected to the Retina screen. The 2nd Gen ipad is going to be awesome if anything like the iphone 4 display

5. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah - I know people have proximity and signal issues but I have had NONE!!! Best phone ever had and cant see anything except iPhone 5 beating it!!! If you care about form and design it is sexy as hell compared to the plastic crack prone 3G / 3GS

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I have to agree with you I have had all the iPhones which were great but iphone4 surpasses them all in terms of form and function.

Spend the extra money it's well worth it!!

7. brendu macrumors 68020

If I was buying an iPhone today I would wait for the 4 to be available... but my gf had a samsung slider that broke and since she was eligible for an upgrade we went to the att store and she picked up a 3GS... partially because she needed a phone now, and partially because for her needs there is little benefit to the iPhone 4... The screen is great but for her its not that big of a deal... If you need a phone now the 3GS is pretty good still, it runs iOS4 flawlessly..

8. a9205 macrumors member

you can get it on three from the apple store