Should I get a 64GB Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rgarjr, Dec 17, 2009.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I currently have a 2G 8GB iPhone unlocked on T-mobile that I've been using for like 2 years. I wouldn't mind getting a 32GB iPhone but these things are selling for like 700+ dollars on Ebay.

2. thatguysmells macrumors regular

Yep, get the iPod Touch. I really want the 64GB model. But, BGR says the iPod Touch could be getting an update soon, so I would wait because you will probably be able to get the 64GB model for 100 bucks off.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/16/fourth-generation-iphone-and-ipod-touch-getting-double-the-memory-capacity/

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

As with most of these threads, your needs and uses for x products are unaware.

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

5. na1577 macrumors 6502a

There's no use in waiting, any capacity bump is highly unlikely.

6. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Actually it's not that unlikely. Not that long ago a story was posted on MacRumors stating that they can now make a 128GB iPod touch [link]. In February 2008 they brought out the 32GB iPod touch so it's very plausible that a 128GB iPod touch comes out this upcoming February or close to it.

7. thatguysmells macrumors regular

^ What he said. :D

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

You might as well get one now and start enjoying it. There will always be a lower price eventually on electronics. It's a law (Moore's). Waiting with no Touch to play with is the price you pay for hoping the price will go down.

This time of year many stores are throwing in gift cards along with small markdowns on the price of Touches. If you have a discount card from Target or BestBuy you can save an additional 10%.