Should I get a 6S or 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amytxoxo, Sep 9, 2016.

1. amytxoxo macrumors newbie

Should I buy a 128GB 6S for $650 or a 128GB 7 for $750? I'm upgrading from a 5.

The only thing holding me back about the 7 is the lack of headphone jack. I mostly listen through the Apple earbuds and my auxillary cable in my car, which I'd use the adapter for. I also occasionally use wired Beats headphones with my phone so I'd probably need to buy another adapter for that.

I'm probably going to wait till reviews come out to decide and go see it in the Apple store, but I wanted to see if people think it's worth the extra $100 or not. If I get the 6s it'd be the first time not buying whatever the newest phone was.

2. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

The 6S is a great phone. But, next year, when the 8 comes out, it will likely be the entry-level phone. I always try to buy the newest tech I can afford.

3. olliewollie1 macrumors newbie

olliewollie1

Get the latest model. May cost $100 more but it won't be as depreciated next year and by the sounds of it you don't update that often so better to go with the latest to get the longest support.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The iPhone 7 ships with lightning ear pods and a lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter just FYI.

5. HarryWild, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016

HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

Did you watch the iPhone announcement? If not:

No doubt the 7!

6. amytxoxo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses! Leaning towards the 7 now but I'll wait for the reviews before buying