Should I get a case for my iPad 3 or full body screen protector coverage?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SR71, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SR71, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

SR71 macrumors 68000

What do you guys think I should get? I'm leaning towards getting the full body coverage screen protector because I want to keep the iPad as light and as thin as possible while still protecting it. There is a ghost armor kiosk at my local mall that can do the installation for me, as well.

Are there any negatives that you guys can think of in getting the full body screen protector instead of getting a case?

Another option that I was thinking of was getting the Yoobao executive leather case and a front screen protector and going with that method. What do you guys think of that?

Please leave your thoughts below with what option you think I should take.

2. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

This is a personal preference. I prefer screen protector and a case. I use the ZooGue case but most don't like it because it adds bulk.

Until my ZooGue came in I was using screen protector, smart cover and Incipio smart feather. Loved that setup because it adds no bulk, but protection of the iPad is nil. I use mine on the go and felt the protection and viewing angles of the ZooGue out weighed my desire for thin.

3. davedvdy macrumors regular

Yes, impact resistance. I think a case with a front shield is the best option.

4. trek360 macrumors 6502

Yeah I would also recommend using a case with a front screen protector. It is also convenient to use the case as a stand. If you go with just protectors it's harder to hold for long periods or prop up.

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

I think it's a personal choice but there is no real reason you can't do both. I put Ghost Armor on my husband's iPad 2. The full wrap. But he uses a case for travel. Around the house the wrap keeps it light, protected. But when traveling the case provides a bit more protection when he puts it in his bag,

I do basically the same but I use Power Supposrt anti-glare and an iCarbon skin for around the house and a sleeve or a MacCally DualStand for travel.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You also need to be aware that if the clowns at the "mall kiosk" scratch or damage your iPad, they will not be responsible. This just happened at a Radio Shack in a thread. I would not let anyone like these low life's do anything that you are wanting to keep "perfect". :eek:

7. itcomic macrumors member

Full Screen body protector + smart cover or pouch.

Why adding extra thickness and weight to the slim form factor of Ipad ?

I put my ipad in the pouch from M-edge (it offers good protection as it has padding) when I put it in a bag.

When I use the ipad, the full body protector resist dirt and scratches while retain the "thin" form factor of ipad.

Use it as "naked" as possible and enjoy the original design !

8. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

The new ipad is already very bulky so maybe stick with the slim options