should i get a case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by YJamie85, Mar 19, 2012.

1. YJamie85 macrumors member

YJamie85

Should I get an Incase Hardshell case? I've been really thinking about it but I've heard a lot of con reviews about it: How there'll be dust in between the case and macbook pros to create scratches. But again, yeah. I need some opinions :) Thanks!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have an incase hard shell I took it off after a few weeks didn't like the way the MBP looked or felt with it on

3. lamboman macrumors 6502

Don't. If you are careful and look after your machine, it will not scratch. Other than wear marks (the plastic gasket around the display will cause slight marks on the aluminium that are unavoidable) your MBP won't get scratched from daily use.

4. ELA2 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Zagg full body protection. Either do it yourself or find a kiosk at a mall near you. Won't add size and sure as hell won't allow crap inside to scratch your MacBook pro like a case. Can't believe how many people come here and ask if a case will scratch a computer. Funny thing is that there are (I think) a lot of fairly smart people here that would hopefully realize by now that if whatever protection they are using isn't absolutely fused to the computer, crap no matter how small can get inside and rub against it. It does not matter if somebody has never had a scratch and had a case their experience is completely irrelevant and mute to this argument. My take home message then is if you want protection from big scratches at the possibly of small scratches get a case. If you want to prevent all scratches and still use it get the zagg protection.

5. WhoisMedina macrumors member

You convinced me. Zagg it is.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

its the ZAGG fairly easy to install compared to installing it on an iPhone?

7. mrobit macrumors regular

It's going to be the same process, except on a larger scale of course. Keep that in mind. It's going to be a bit more complicated to put the piece on due to this fact.

8. ELA2 macrumors member

If you have any qualms take it to a kiosk and have somebody do it professionally. I figured out how to do it myself using zagg on other products mainly phones and I managed to install it flawlessly. Computer looks like it did the day I first took it out of the box. You won't be sorry I promise. Have my MBP now sitting in a bookarc stand connected to a new thunderbolt display. Best computer I've ever owned.