should I get a MacBook now or should I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arbaz, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. Arbaz macrumors member

    Nov 1, 2007
    I have been looking for a small notebook for everyday carry and finally, after a lot of consideration and thought (I am a Windows user) decided to try a mac. MacBook was the most obvious choice, especially with that new update they rolled out today.

    the question is: should I get one now or should I wait till mid-January (MacWorld)? I'd hate to get a new machine now only to find out two months later that apple decided to release another update. but how likely is it on the first place that apple decide to update MacBooks only two months after the previous update?
  2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816


    Oct 5, 2006
    London, United Kingdom
    Get one now. If your gonna try keep up with the pace of new tech then yer gonna loose. Current Macbooks are super machines anyway and won't be out of date for a while
  3. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816


    May 15, 2006
    Get it now. I've not been following the progress of the macbook, but I know this new graphics board has been long waited on. I can't imagine any huge happening in Jan, if any. Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong...
  4. samuraikiss macrumors regular

    Oct 17, 2007
    Washington, DC
    I agree with the previous post. Get one now, as opposed to later! I personally doubt that they'll update the MacBook again until at least May, maybe June.
  5. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

    Oct 17, 2007
    Camp Snoopy
    Get it now. Today. Right now. They just updated the MacBooks. Which means no further updates until May.
  6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3


    Oct 1, 2005
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I concour. Don't waste your time on that Windows machine. If you get a MacBook, even if a new design comes out next Jan (which I doubt), you'll still be happy you switched from Windows when you did.
  7. GavinTing macrumors 6502


    Sep 4, 2007
    Well, there might be another iphone-like price drop :rolleyes:
  8. Arbaz thread starter macrumors member

    Nov 1, 2007
    then it's decided, I'll be getting myself a MacBook as soon as they arrive in Norwegian shops.

    I have a few more questions, if you don't mind :)

    1. I want to get a black MacBook. is it's keyboard difficult to see?
    2. what is Apple's policy about dead pixels? how many can I have before I'll be allowed to return the notebook?
    3. what about a car charger for MacBooks? I couldnt find one in Apple store.
    4. generally speaking, how many hours does MacBook's battery last in normal operation (web browsing, IM, word processing, etc)

    thanks in advance.
  9. epiphany macrumors regular

    Jan 8, 2004
    In the US, Apple typically offers 10% off the price of computers the day after Thanksgiving (late Nov). I don't know if they do similar things overseas.
  10. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

    Mar 22, 2007
    I put off from my initial decision to get one from about october of last year till I finally got one a couple months ago. Kept waiting and waiting for that next upgrade.

    Before that I was still using my 10 year old desktops. I got the macbook, logic studio, hd and interface. As long as this thing runs, I can make music with it, like I can still do with the old equipment

    Do yourself a favor and buy it now.

    I probably won't wait as long for a new computer next time....I'll just have them lying around to use. I'm loving the power, size and portability of these here laptops. 'Cause as long as it runs and has software, you can always use it for something. ;)
  11. sportsnut macrumors regular

    Jan 10, 2007
    Get it asap!

    I have the Core2Duo blackbook and I get about 3:30-4:00 hours of general web browsing, with a little bit of itunes through earbuds.:D
  12. maestro55 macrumors 68030


    Nov 13, 2005
    Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
    I thought about waiting myself for either a better deal or upgraded machines, but I had the money and if I kept waiting I would either spend the money I had on something else or I would just keep waiting. If you want the machine and you have the funds there is no reason not to go ahead and make the purchase.
  13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604


    Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    Hope this helps...

    since someone had posted it in an earlier thread. :cool:

    Attached Files:

  14. samuraikiss macrumors regular

    Oct 17, 2007
    Washington, DC
    That is quite possibly the best answer that could have ever been given to this question. I didn't see it in the earlier thread, so thanks for the giggles!
  15. OdduWon macrumors 6502a


    Jul 4, 2006
    i think were all waiting for macBOO, must we wait another year?

Share This Page