Should I Get A Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thetechfixer, Dec 18, 2010.

1. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

Hi I Was Wondering If I Should Get A Macbook Pro 13"? I Currently Have A Old XP Desktop But I Do Also Have A Laptop With Decent Specs But My Sister Wants It Because Her Old Desktop Died! I Have Been A Windows User Since I Got My First Computer At The Age Of 6. I Have Used Macs Before. I Used G3 iMacs, Intel iMacs Along With iBook G3s And Macbooks At School. I Have Also Used Macbooks At My Older Cousins House And Powerbook G4s Along With iBook G4s At My Other Cousins. I Really Like Macs And I Wanted Your Opinions On A 13" Macbook Pro? I Do Want To Wait For The New Models Tho Because They Might Get A i3 Processor Which Is Way Better Then The Core 2 Duo!

2. simsaladimbamba

Why the capitals in every word?

Anyway, what are your needs and what would be the uses you put the MBP to? Maybe the C2D is more than enough, as one doesn't need an i3 CPU for Facebook or Twitter or YouTube.

3. JKK photography macrumors regular

JKK photography

The i3 isn't a huge step up from the C2D... Benchmarks show only a slight advantage, if any, with the i3.

Anyways, it depends on what you need. If you need it now, buy now. If you don't, then don't. Don't get caught up in the constant circle of technology... the 'next best thing' will always be on the horizon. Buy what will work for what your needs are.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Agreed. Plus, the i3 is about equivalent to the C2D, not way better. An i5 would be a pretty nice upgrade, if you did anything that needed a powerful CPU

5. PurpleMarmalade macrumors regular

MacBook Pro 13" Is Very Good. Hulk Like MPB 13". Hulk Think You Should Not Wait For i3 Processor. Hulk Think You Should Buy Book On Basic Grammar, Though.

6. thetechfixer thread starter macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

What I Do

I Am Getting Into Video Editing And I Want A Better Machine I Want The 13" Because It Is Portable.

7. simsaladimbamba

Then The Current 13" C2D MBP Will Do Just Fine, Unless You Plan To Edit With Premiere Pro And AVCHD Footage Natively, As That Is Quite CPU Intensive, But Even The i3 Is Not That Much Faster To Have ... (swear word) that, it is silly to write that way and hampers the WMP rate ... a real advantage over a C2D MBP.
    As you most likely begin with iMovie and go into FCE/P territory later (or go the Premiere route), you will have to use transcoded footage anyway, thus your CPU gets only 100% used when the footage is imported and transcoded to .mov files (if you use AVCHD or any of the MPEG-4 codecs to store your footage in, as most consumer cameras do these days).
    And i3 might only save you some minutes in the end. But if you can wait a couple of months, then do and decide then, if you want to go the MBP route.