Should I get a MacBook Pro now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Subwaymac, Apr 1, 2009.

  1. Subwaymac macrumors regular


    Apr 1, 2009
    Should I buy now or wait till this summer for better features/updates? I'm looking at a MacBook Pro with all the goodies, 2.9 chip etc. I'm scared they will update them as soon as I buy one!:eek:
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Please search. Please search. Please search. Please search. Please search. Please search. Please search. Please search. Please search. Please search.

    There will be no meaningful update until Q1 2010.
  3. belvdr macrumors 603

    Aug 15, 2005
    No longer logging into MR
    So what if they do? If the specs today fit the bill, then they will if they update the system too.
  4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

    Oct 24, 2007
    Buy one as soon as you need it. If you can wait, do so. If not, buy one.

    There will always be updates so you can bite the bullet now or wait until a new revision comes out, then say "but they may come out with an even better one!"
  5. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a


    Mar 26, 2009
    Denver, CO
    You can play the waiting game your whole life when it comes to technology. In the big picture, what's the point?

    I bought my old Macbook Pro RIGHT when they were first released. I used that thing all the way up until I bought this new unibody MBP two weeks ago. My old one got me through 3 years of college and 1 year into the real world creating marketing and advertising campaigns. It worked perfectly for everything I needed, from Word to Photoshop to all sorts of video editing. I even turned around and sold it for $1,300 four years after i bought it!!! The resale value on these things is absolutely amazing.

    Sure, new ones were released after I bought mine. But the changes were never enough to justify replacing it. Until these new ones were released, that is. I will admit that this new one blows my old one out of the water. but with 4 years of newer technology in it, i would expect nothing less.

    Rambling aside, I say go for it. You only live once!
  6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020


    Mar 11, 2009
    To your left or right
    buy it now. no reason to wait. even when the next when comes out the UBMBP's will still be awesome machines. its not like the next model will create a decrease in performance in the current model.
  7. shoppy macrumors 6502a

    Mar 4, 2007
    Just buy now and enjoy, otherwise you will be waiting for ever.
  8. Ahboyd macrumors member


    Feb 13, 2008
  9. Apple iKid macrumors regular

    Mar 29, 2009
    This topic was very helpful to me as well.

    When it comes down to technology like this, there really is no point in waiting because there will always be something better in a few months. If you see something you like, buy it, and then in a couple years buy something new again.

    Its kind of like 'the circle of technology'. Ahahaha.

    I'll be guying a UBMBP this summer, and upgrading to Snow Leopard when it is released, if there is a big enough change to justify it of course. =]
  10. RogueVasion macrumors regular


    Nov 23, 2008
    sn0warmy is right...

    Technology advances so fast, the best time to probably buy a Mac is right when they have that major upgrade (aka Unibody release).

    If its a necessity, go and buy it. Nothing huge is going to happen with the computer lines in the Spring/Fall. Probably Snow Leopard and a small spec bump.

    Just splurge and enjoy! :D
  11. Apple iKid macrumors regular

    Mar 29, 2009
    Amen to that one. :D

Share This Page