Should I get a macbook pro soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Onewa80, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Onewa80 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and I have this question(IF for some reason this type of topic is not allowed, please delete it). I really am looking at buying the new MBP(15 inch) sometime around August-October(Or earlier, hopefully!).

Should I get the macbook pro THEN or WAIT? Will there be new ones soon(because I've heard problems with the current ones)? Are there rumors I haven't heard?

:apple::apple::apple:
    Thanks, and as I said before, if there is something wrong with this topic, let me know.
    :apple:

2. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

New ones probably won't come out until next spring, so the call is up to you

3. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Yeah, new ones are probably at least 8 months away, so as long as you are buying before the holiday season, get the current gen. If it's going to be holiday time, you might want to see what is being said about a refresh, and when it might come out because it could also be longer than 8 months.

What problems are you hearing about the current mbps? Overheating is not true... they do get VERY hot, but they are not actually overheating. Some of the SATA III SSD's are causing trouble, but those problems seem to be occurring less and less often, sometimes remedied by software updates.