Should I get a Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nkllr, Feb 6, 2009.

1. nkllr macrumors newbie

Guys, I'm a teen without a job so I was wondering, should I save up for a year and get the :apple: Macbook or Save up for two years and get a :apple: 15" MBP

Things I Do:
    :apple: iWork
    Some playing around in Photoshop CS4
    A lot of heavy web usage
    :apple: iChat w/ iSight
    :apple: iMovie
    Maybe a game or two

2. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

hmmm

Totally, you should totally get a mac all the cool kids are doing it. Its like being in high school and not having an iphone, you do have an iphone right?

3. hkim1983 macrumors 6502

Unless those games are extremely GPU intensive games, the Macbook will do everything you need to do.

4. nkllr thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully Soon, I've been loving Apple for a while and I'm in the process of converting COMPLETELY to Apple :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

5. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

Awesome

:) I would totally convert to apple, they make like the best products ever. When you get your macbook watch how all your friends crowd around you and want to play with your apple but tell them get there own ;) which one are you going to get? the white book? or the alu book?

6. nkllr thread starter macrumors newbie

DEFINITELY The Alu Book, I wouldn't have wanted to get the Macbook if it didn't get the revamp

7. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

True

The alu book is super nice, altough the white mac book is still a stand out but that new alu is so beautiful.

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

lol :D

9. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Or get a job and then the MBP in a year. ;)

Seriously, within a year Apple's laptop line is likely to be upgraded to Nehalem CPUs, so if you're going to wait anyway, just see what the product offerings are then.

10. o2xygen macrumors regular

wernt you the one who was moaning about macs because they use a significant amount of cpu when on youtube?

Dont get apple for bragging rights, get it because you want it.

11. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

lol that was the guy

12. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

LOl lOlLoLloL It was that guy?

13. gamer2502 macrumors regular

I have the alu. macbook and it does whatever whenever you want if i were you i would definitely get just the macbook unless your obsessed with a 15'' screen:apple:

14. skorpien macrumors 68020

He's also the guy that was making fun of the kid wanting to buy an MB.
    (Read this thread again but with a sarcastic tone for all of his posts.)

A MacBook is a great machine for what you need. It's doubtful you'll need the extra processing and graphics power, the extra screen real estate, or the FireWire port of the Pro machine. That and it will last you for quite some time, so it's definitely a good investment.

15. nkllr thread starter macrumors newbie

If you want to hate on people find another forum :mad::mad::mad:

16. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

The MacBook will be a fine choice. Those tasks will run on the MB perfectly, but if you are planning to play very, very intensive games such as Crysis... it might not be the best choice.

17. democrat2theend macrumors newbie

I just got a MacBook 2.4 ghz with 4 gigs of RAM and I love it. I use Photoshop CS4 and it runs great. I can't compare it to the MacBook Pro because I have never had one, but compared to my old ibook G4 it's a dream come true. Rarely if ever do I have to sit there waiting for the screen to refresh in Photoshop now. I can run Photoshop without having to shut everything else down too, which is really nice.

If it's an either/or I would recommend going with the regular MacBook and putting the money into the extra memory, rather than going with the Pro and getting less memory. Plus, the MacBook is smaller and more portable, which will be a plus if you end up taking the computer to classes when you go to college (I don't know how far away college is for you, so that may be a moot point).

Either way, good luck saving up, and once you get one, enjoy!

18. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

OK, so to get this straight. You DON'T have a job, yet you want to save 1,500-2,000$ for a MacBook/Pro? Good luck!
    (To provide some actual useful help, get the new MacBook. Graphics are good enough for casual gaming and it's good enough for what you do)

19. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

i dont have a job and i saved up enough money in less than a year to buy my macbook:)

20. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

am i missing something? clearly the OP said he only wants a Mac because everyone else is getting one, not the fact that he actually uses computers for what they are made for...? it's not he mentioned what he would use, because he won't use it at all, he's just going to buy it and show his friends.

waitttt a minute....

21. skorpien macrumors 68020

How dare you point out the flaws of somebody's flame! That kind of logic has no place here on the interwebs! You're lucky you don't get banned O_O :p

It's truly sad that the Internet is such a hostile environment at times, but think of it this way... At least those that make it such are being temporarily kept away from regular society while they do so.

22. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

... ... ... this is why fashion shouldn't be selling computers.

*banging head on desk*

23. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

Not only that..he also wants to "play" with Photoshop CS4...don't get you a trojan kid!

24. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie