Should I get a MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sportguy0913, Jun 11, 2009.

1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

I want a laptop for college, going to be a Pharmacist, so don't need powerful video processing, but wouldn't mind it being there. Not a gamer. Just occasional MarbleBlast :).

I want a laptop but don't know if I should get a PC with Windows or MBP... I really don't know. I know a lot about computers but don't know what I should get for myself. I'm used to windows, cause we have all PC's right now, but I think MBP is pretty and I like the gestures and such, and not having to worry about it crashing cause my Desktop has crashed 3 times in 7 years, such a PITA.

So, could you help me make an informed decision (recommend a computer to me. PC or MBP) and if recommend MBP which one should I get? I don't like 17" cause its too big, and I think 13" is too small but I could live with it. And like I said, the most gaming I'll do is Marbleblast but I do want to learn how to Photoshop.

Thanks!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Well Goldilocks... sounds like the 15" is just right for you! ;)

Seriously, the 15" MBP is an awesome machine and it will serve you well for all you have listed as your priorities

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Committing $2000 for a 15" seems a little steep since you seem like you're on the fence about a Mac. Since you don't need anything particularly graphics intense, I think you should get the 13". CNet gave it an Editor's Choice award; something they haven't done for the past couple versions of Macbooks.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/apple-macbook-pro-summer/4505-3121_7-33676744.html

I know there's a 15" version with only the 9400M, but I think it's pretty pointless to have a 15" machine that costs $1700 with only has integrated graphics.

But with the 13", for around $1200 (probably less with a student discount?) you get a very capable, extremely portable machine with an intuitive operating system. The price is very reasonable.