Should I get a new battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BowZinger, Dec 9, 2007.

1. BowZinger macrumors member

Hey all, was looking through some threads about battery health and the such and decided I would check out my istat pro widget. Anyways when I went and check it is says that my battery is at 46% health! I guess I must have used it a lot or somthing! I have calibrated the battery many times and only charged it 239 times....

I purchased my macbook a year ago, and about 6 months ago I was having issues with the battery (the plastic was peeling away on it, at the edges and I was sending my macbook in for repair (forget what went wrong) I think that they replaced the logic board or somthing... anyways I sent a note along with the macbook telling the support people about the battery and they sent a new one back with the laptop. So I have a "new" battery and it's already this low.

So, do I need to get a new one?

2. chimi macrumors newbie

If you are under 80% health and fewer than 300 cycles, you should probably qualify for a new battery. I called a few days ago and they overnighted me a new battery.

3. Macintosh001 macrumors member

Macintosh001

I would change the new battery.Check the Apple web because lately there have been some problems with batteries,maybe yours is not the only case

4. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Does this have to be within the warranty period?

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

For the most part, I believe so. However, there is an exception for CD customers, as a series of batteries in that batch came out "bad." I believe customers in that group have up to two years to ask for a battery replacement if they notice a problem.

Now, if you bought Applecare, you get the new battery as long as you are within the 3 year period and your battery is defective (which the OP's certainly seems to be).