Should I get a new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by briceman, Mar 5, 2013.

  1. briceman macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2011
    #1
    So here is the situation. We have two lines on our plan, me and my wife's. Her upgrade just became available on March 3. She wants my iPhone 4s, and we're going to trade in her iPhone 4. I was thinking about going ahead and getting the iPhone 5, but I'm concerned about not waiting a few months, and seeing if the 5s becomes available, or the 5 becomes available for a lower cost.

    Thanks for any advice!
     
  2. 617aircav Suspended

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    #2
    Obviously you are concerned so don't upgrade till September or whenever the next phone is here.
     
  3. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

    TheMTtakeover

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2011
    #4
    If you already have the 4s and are concerned about the 5s having features you want, then just wait for it.
     
  4. briceman thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2011
    #5
    I'm not necessarily "concerned" and I also have another upgrade coming available in May.
     
  5. 617aircav Suspended

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    #6
    You explicitly said you were.
     
  6. SR45 macrumors 65832

    SR45

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2011
    Location:
    Florida
    #7
    You do not need anyones advise. Its your money, your decision, and no stranger on a forum can hand hold you for that which is yours. You want to wait it out for the 5S, great, than have patience and wait it out. If you have no will power, than go for the purchase now.. Up to you, but remember the decision is yours, so you only have yourself to kick in the butt if its the wrong one. ;)
     
  7. jmflo571 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2012
    #8
    Keep the 4s for yourself, get the 5 for your wife(she will love you for that;)) and get the 5s when it comes out for yourself:D
     
  8. Mellisaray macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2013
    #9
    yeah, i understand that, i think you can wait for a few more months to see whether you should buy iPhone 5S or 5.:D
     
  9. Ann P macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2009
    Location:
    California
    #10
    This is really up to you and your money? Use the upgrade now and get the 5, then save the other May upgrade for the 5S. You can then give the 5 to your wife if you want.
     
  10. Mrbobb macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2012
    #11
    He is concerned, not "concerned" :D

    Wait, she wants 4s, you want to give her a 5. Have you clear that with her? Women often like things not because it got more horsepower, more megapixels, a 16 core processor..... just saying.
     
  11. bgl321 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2012
    #12
    What size is the 4? Just checked Best Buy Trade-In and they'll give you $133 for a 16gb in 'good" condition, $139 in "perfect" condition? That leaves you $67 for an iPhone 5. Is the 5S going to be worth that much more. Only you can answer that?:) There's always something "better" around the corner. Good luck with you decision!

    BTW: I recommend Best Buy versus the carrier store. You have 14 days to return without a restocking fee and 30 days to exchange the phone. Just my input.
     
  12. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

    Commy1

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2013
    #13
    The 5S's upgrades, however inferior will be upgrades, if you can wait that little bit extra time then do it and get a brand new one. If it's eating you alive, then go for it but don't look at the 5S with lust when it comes out.
     
  13. Browns2212 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2012
    Location:
    Orchard Park, NY
    #14
    I agree with one of the posters above.

    You've got two options in my opinion:

    1. Give your wife your 4s and upgrade to the iPhone 5 now. When the i5s comes out later this year (rumor is June to August), use your May upgrade and get the 5s and give the 5 to your wife.

    2. Wait until June, August or whenever the 5s comes out and upgrade both lines and you'll both have the 5s.

    Either way, it's a "Win-Win" in my eyes.

    The "next" iPhone....most likely the iPhone 6.....won't be out until probably Fall of 2014. By then you'll be into your 5 or 5s almost a year. Your next upgrade chance would be the 6s or possibly 7, whichever comes out first.
     
  14. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2009
    #15
    This.
     
  15. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

    chrisrosemusic1

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2012
    Location:
    Northamptonshire, England
    #16
    Honestly don't think it'll be an upgrade worth worrying about. The 5 will get 95% of iOS 7's features so it's not a deal breaker right now.

    If you want a new phone, get one now, if you don't then wait :)
     
  16. dvoros macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2010
    #17
    should you get a new iPhone

    No you should not. Next week Samsung will announce its new smartphone with a full 5 inch screen. This is a screen that you can watch movies on, read articles, create documents, etc. This will kick Apple out of the business with its measly 4 inch screen.:eek:
     
  17. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

    Cody21

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2012
    Location:
    Knoxville, TN
    #18
    I hope that is sarcasm
     

Share This Page