Should I get a new iPod Nano?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DDar, Dec 19, 2008.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

My old Nano (1st Generation) got an unhappy iPod picture and crapped out on me a few months ago. Now, while I don't NEED a new iPod, I'd certainly like one. Especially for the car...

However, I've heard a few negative reviews about it... About how the accelerometer is too sensitive, the battery life is too short, etc...

I want a 16 GB so I can store a few movies on it and still have loads of space. My question is, is the new Nano worth it?

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Its either that, a player that not compatible with your mac/iTunes, or a more expensive iPod.

Go to the store and play with one. I think they look nice, but feel so light they seem almost fake.

3. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I have an 8GB orange one and it works great, the screen is a bit small for movies/tv shows but they are still very watchable imo. Also, you could always turn the accelerometer off in the settings menu.

I say go for it.

ChrisN

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

My mom and dad both have one and they love it. I think you should try one out in an Apple store and get it if you like it.

5. itgoesbuzz macrumors regular

I have a 2nd gen. nano (red) and I just got a new nike armband to replace my old one. Kinda wish I upgraded as my 2nd gen has started to freeze every so often. The new ones look a lot better than the previous generation in my opinion.

6. mbleopard macrumors regular

I just replaced my first gen nano with a brand new fourth gen one and its amazing. Its so much better than my old one