should I get a pebble watch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by livelongdienvr, Nov 25, 2013.

1. livelongdienvr macrumors member

Hey everyone. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Anyways my wife is thinking of a getting me a pebble watch for Christmas. I really like the idea but is it worth it? Also it really seems like the apple watch could come out soon. What are your thoughts?

2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Could be useful for situations where you can't grab your phone immediately.

3. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I have just got one. It has been very useful in situations where I can't check my phone. Also I have noticed I have been checking my phone less often. All notifications come through smoothly (2-3 sec delay). However, they are few glitches in the new update (some emails don't load, you only see the subject without content, not deal breaker and I am sure it will be fixed soon as the developers aware of this issue).

It has been about a week since I got it, happy so far, though I think there are few areas for improvement. However, nothing in the market now as good as the pebble (battery life, excellent iOS integration), as for the apple watch, I wouldn't hold my breath as no body knows when it will come (rumors 2nd Q of 2014 :rolleyes:).

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Same here very good experience! I bought mine when I learned that they will have better support with iOS 7 that is where I jump on the pebble.

Pebble wasn't all that before the latest update of their app and pebble firmware that turn on bluetooth LE.

5. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

6. murano macrumors member

It is a watch that uses pebbles instead of quartz for movement. I wonder how you never heard of it or googled it before. Its a next big thing in watch making.

7. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Friend had one. Took it back. Gimmicky and not made well. Not worth the money.

8. sjperformance macrumors 6502

I'll wait to hopefully the iWatch being launch in 2014. Rumors of course...let's wait and see

9. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I would suggest that it has nothing to do with watch making, but rather wearable electronics...which has nothing much to do with real watches or watchmaking.

And, for some of us...superfluous and ridiculous stuff.

Just one Luddites opinion, of course.:)

10. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

11. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Rocks?? Sounds like it is full of rocks, err, pebbles.