Should I get Adobe Creative Suite 3 discounted with a Mac purchase?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Wolfpup, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I can't make up my mind on this. Not super important, but thought I'd ask you guys.

I qualify for the educational store, and noticed Apple has a deal where you can get Adobe's CS3 for $300 with the purchase of a Mac-it's annoying because you can't place the order over the internet, has to be the phone.

Anyway that's discounted off of the normal $500 price.

I do light web development, though that could get more involved later on. Basically I just fire up Dreamweaver once or twice a week right now.

I've already got the second newest version of Dreamweaver I can use, though it's PPC native I think, so would have to run through Rosetta.

Right now I have no real use for those other programs, though it's possible they'd come in handy later.

$300 I'd much rather spend towards the mid range Macbook Pro, but...it just sounds like a good deal, and is a $200 discount.

I don't know...as I write this out, I'm starting to think I should just skip it and get the mid range MBP (if I get one at all). I should be able to make do with Rosettaed Dreamweaver, and can always buy the full thing later.

What do you guys think? Heck, $300 is almost enough to go to 4GB.

2. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I didn't even know Apple offered this, I'll have to look into it.

It's really up to you, if you think you'll use Dreamweaver enough to upgrade, I would. It'll be a heck of a lot faster.