should i get an 8gb touch now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sargent bannana, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sargent bannana macrumors member

i was wondering if i should buy an 8gb ipod touch right now because im going on like a 10 hour flight june 23and im going to be BORED! and my nano is not too fun. i was wondering if i should get it now or wait till mac world ... when is mac world? please reply thank you and i only need 8gb i only have a 300+ song library lol

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

I would get it , but the battery doesn't last that long it last about 3 hours of music with screen off and 2 hours of listening to music and doing other things, especially if you jailbreak it, the battery life just runs out so quickly

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Macworld is in January, just buy an iPod touch, if you're always waiting for the next thing you'll never buy anything.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

3 hours with the screen off? Something's wrong there... I've got it to play for over 24 hours with my screen off.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

haha you definitely need to take your iPod back to the apple store, or you need to learn to tell time.

6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

The reason to wait is the pricing disparity with the iPhone. I would be concerned that Apple may drop the price of the touch a bunch to make the prices more in line.

Of course, you could buy from a place like amazon that gives you price protection.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The iPhone is subsidized, I doubt there would be a significant price break that lowers the iPod touch's to anything near an iPod nano.

8. gquaker macrumors newbie

Amazon price protection?

How does the price protection work? Do you know how long it lasts?

9. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

there's a lot of truth in that quote.
    buy the itouch. perhaps something to keep the battery alive while on the plane.
    i doubt you'll be disappointed.

10. HP3000HYD macrumors newbie

HP3000HYD

-------- I just got one (8gb), the you Tube is OUTSTANDING!
    Think of any singer or sport or tv show or movie or.......great quality video of it. Sometimes I wear a 1 x magnifyed pair of glasses watching, awesome!

8 gb not enough? I put over 400 JPEGS, and about 80 songs - wav clips - MP3's on mine, and when you see the storage left on ITUNES, out of 8 gb, there is like 7.37 gb left. outrageous.

11. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

After 400 pictures, and 80 songs, if you have used up practically just 700MB... something is wrong- or you have reaaaaaly small pictures and short songs encoded at a lower bitrate.

12. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I've got one I might be looking to sell soon, if you're interested. PM me with an offer.

13. Michaud68 macrumors member

Get it now I got mine a few weeks ago and I love it.

14. sargent bannana thread starter macrumors member

price protection? does anyone know any rumors about the new touch if there is any

15. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about getting an 8gb or 16gb, 8gb would be nice to get because i could get it faster with less saving but 16gb would also be nice because then i could add a few more movies and more higher quality songs with future room to grown :)but also then I would have to save longer :( So it depends on you.. you cna get it now and jailbreak it or you can wait and see what happens to the price

16. sargent bannana thread starter macrumors member

im not jailbreaking anything

17. Michaud68 macrumors member

Price protection is offered at alot of retailers like circuit city for one say you buy your iPod for 399.00 and 3 days later it goes on sale somewhere else you bring or show that ad to the store you bought it and they refund you the difference

18. tonie macrumors 6502

That actually called "Price matching". Price protection is when you bought an item at the store and a week later, they (same store) selling the same item but lower price, they will refund you the difference.