Should I get an iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hunterheath33, Jul 30, 2012.

1. hunterheath33 macrumors regular

I have an 11in MacBook air and I was wondering if I should get a 21.5 in iMac? I check email, post to YouTube, Facebook, twitter and web browse. What do you think

2. hunterheath33 thread starter macrumors regular

Because my parents are divorced and I have the MacBook air at one house and I was looking for a more powerful Mac at the house which I spend most of my time

3. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

But the Air weighs, what, 5 ounces? :) Just stuff it in your bag when you shuttle around. That is, after all, the entire point of the Air.

If you're looking for a cheap Mac that you don't want to think about carrying around, get a Mini.

4. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

Maybe get a 27" Thunderbolt display. It's a couple hundred cheaper than the basic 21" iMac. You could just take you Macbook Air with you from one house to the other. Leave the 27" display at the location you visit most.

5. hunterheath33 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh sorry. I was just thinking of the more powerful iMac because the videos on YouTube are very slow to edit on the base model 11in 2010 MacBook air and I would like a bigger hard drive. I now use my iPhone 4 for most of my tasks but video editing and documents need a computer.