Should I get an Ipad 2 now or wait til the fall?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shadow Knight W, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Shadow Knight W macrumors newbie

Shadow Knight W

I had an ipad 1 for a little while a couple of months ago and liked it but never really used it because it would be slow. So I gave it away to my close friend. But now I regret it and am wondering if its worth it at this time to get the ipad 2 or wait for a possible 3 or plus version in a few months. thanks

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

This kind of post is posted at least once an hour... just use the search and read the helpful replies there.

3. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Wait. It's just a couple of months. You definitely wouldn't regret it. :)

4. vega07 macrumors 65816

He will if the rumors don't hold up. Buy when you want/need it.

5. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Even if you wait do you want to pay a high price for one? E.g the same price as an IPad 2 wi-fi 3G model with lots of memory?

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

And what makes you so sure that there will be a new iPad in a few months. Is it all the rumour and speculation as there has been no confirmation by Apple. I'm not saying it won't happen but it's not really likely. Even if it does the chances are a new iPad so soon will also be more expensive.

Not to mention thinking that way you will be waiting for ever as there is always something new round the corner. Apple products typically have very good resale values, iPads included. If you buy an iPad now even if a new one comes out in a few months you can always sell it and put the money towards the new one.

7. nwbusa macrumors regular

8. singlestick macrumors regular

If you never really used the iPad 1, and you don't have a compelling use for an iPad 2, you might as well wait until Fall to see what, if anything, is announced.

9. Cosmo Kramer macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

What if Fall comes and no new iPad ? Do you wait till March are get one even later in the cycle ? I say iPad 2 now IMO

10. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

No iPad? You have no iPad? *gasp* Get one NOW! :D

11. whitesands macrumors newbie

I went through this waiting for iPad2 (about 4 months) when I finally bought the iPad2 I realised I had wasted a lot of pleasure.

Just get one now.

12. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

Get it now. I really think these "Ipad HD" rumors are totally bogus.

13. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Just get it now. If you wait, you are going to end up waiting until next year because I doubt they will release another this year. Get it now, you won't regret it!

14. palpatine macrumors 68040

i think something is coming (a stopgap between 2 and 3). it will probably be that ipad hd or something else with a few more bells and whistles, but in order to keep it as the ipad 2, they won't change the body.

but, who cares? you don't know when it will come and you don't know what it will be. go to the store, spend ten minutes (not just a few seconds) with the ipad2 doing the stuff you really want to do with it (personally, i use it as a reader). if you don't like it, try another tablet. if you do like it, buy it. but, don't sit around agonizing :)

15. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

Just get it, the wait will never be over.
    With Apple there will always be something in the horizon ;)

16. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

I really don't understand these posts.

Just buy what you want and when the next, new, better, faster, lighter, smaller, etc. thing comes out, SELL IT on craigslist and buy that.

Simple as that.

17. likegadgets macrumors 6502

For most apps / tasks the iPad 2 is not that much faster.
    games - loading big apps, yes

So if what bothered you about iPad 1 was speed, wait for iPad 3

18. JSalig macrumors 6502

I just got my ipad 2 at Target. If another ipad comes out in September, I'll still have until October to return the ipad 2 with Target's 90 day return policy. Now I just have to take extremely good care of it.

19. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

I also just got an iPad 2 today at Target. Very nice if I may say so myself :D

20. singlestick macrumors regular

Congrats. Interesting to see that Target is pumping out the iPads. They have a pretty good store display for the product, but where I live the Apple Store gets more of the action.

Also, I agree with the earlier comment that if the speed of the iPad 1 was an issue, then this might be a reason to wait to see what a new iPad might look like. Here I figure that if you actually owned the device and got rid of it, you had tangible reasons for your dissatisfaction, and something you are looking for or hoping for in a new model.

Or just roll the dice and go for it.