Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad' started by DIMEZ, Jul 31, 2010.
should i purchase one now or wait for a refresh?
Feel free to wait for a refresh if you don't mind waiting until next April at the earliest.
Do you really want it or are you just mildly interested? If the latter wait. I'm thinking the next refresh will get FaceTime capability and maybe even a Retina-style display like the iPhone 4. Probably even improve on the already impressive battery life too.
Want it now? Buy it now.
Purchase now. The technology is already revolutionary and the next refresh will only be incremental in any small changes. Plus, you could get run over by a bus tomorrow and never have known.
good way to put it
You should have waited and read the other threads asking the same thing.
When in doubt, walk away.
Good advice, though I rarely take it myself...
I do not expect any changes for 6-8 months. I suspect the iPad will be on a yearly refresh cycle much like the iPod and iPhone.
If you like the product currently or you are OK with it, take one now. Ownership will cost you around $2-400 in the next year at the most.
I would get one, if I liked the product. Many of us don't, so we'll wait. Maybe we'll never give in. But in the end, the refresh might come in three months or in six. Do you really want to wait and then getting upset about some basic function missing?
Buy one and enjoy it! If you cannot, don't even bother with the idea of the iPad.
Wait till April 2011. Faster A4, front camera, (no F&R for Face Time like iPhone) better battery life, and 5 months to work out the bugs from iOS 4 for iPad in November 2010.
I find the iPad quite refreshing as it is.
I'd definitely wait.
That way it's one more iPad available for my friend who is ready/willing to buy and will now have a better chance of getting one.
I bought one without knowing exactly why I'd want one, and found plenty of uses for it, so I think it's worthwhile getting one now. Plus you can impress more of your friends this year than if you do without an iPad for another year, when everybody will have one. Buy the smallest size to keep the price down and have fun!
You should get one now. I enjoy my crappy old first version everyday. I am still not enjoying the one that may be released next year.
Buy one now, that way you can avoid this conversation when the next one comes out.
If you're considering it at all now, just get it. Otherwise it's going to be a long 9 months.
I was on the fence, but ended up getting one. Then a week later had to get one for the wife....
I still use mine constantly and have begun to hate when i am forced to surf on one of my laptops instead of my iPad. It's just so easy to use and navigate....
I love this post.
As we all should be aware by now: there is NO guarantee of a refresh next year since they still can't even make enough to keep the current generation in stock. It is entirely possible you could find yourself waiting until Autumn 2011, or even early Spring 2012, before you see the debut of iPad 2.
Highly unlikely as the production ramp up will be full bore by Sept 1.
There will be 100 million iPads world wide by the end of 2012.
Buy it, don't buy it. Who cares? Really only you can decide what you want to do.
If you really wanted it bad enough or if you needed it, you would have bought it already. Obviously you don't so why not wait and maybe it will be the product you want/need in the 2nd version.
Apple mobile products hold value well. I sold my iPod touch for nearly full value when iPod touch 2G came out. Buy it now and resell it later if the refresh is worth it to you.
As far as production, I am sure Apple will be able to meet demand eventually. That's not the problem. The question here is whether Apple will switch gears entirely and produce a new iPad 2 model just six-seven months after finally reaching a point where you can walk in and just buy the current generation iPad. I highly doubt that will happen.