Should I get an iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jfong425, Jul 30, 2010.

1. jfong425 macrumors member

So here's the situation.

I have a 8gb iPhone 3g jailbroken running 3.1.3. I also have a 16gb iPad wifi jailbroken running 3.2. I use MyWi on my phone to create a wifi connection so my iPad can go online when I'm on the road.

Should I get the iPhone 4 now or wait til all the bugs are fixed and a clean jailbreak is out?
    I know a lot of people are going to say "its up to you!", but what would you do in my situation?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its up to you.
    Hopefully the new JB will be out soon and as far as bugs besides the free cases and the proximity sensor fix thats going to come out when 4.1 is released there's nothing else that would make a difference.
    Unless you want to wait for the white iphones.

3. tanderson11 macrumors member

order one, then you'll have it in 3 weeks and there *should* be a jailbreak out by then. or get one from a store and wait about a week and hopefully the jailbreak will be out then from the way everyone has been talking about it.

4. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Well, what most of the people in this part of the forum did was get it...

You could ether get it and start enjoying it now, and wait to set it free once the JB is released or you could stay with your old 3g... Ether way it seems to me you are set on getting it, so why wait??? Just go for it...

On a side note, shouldn't this be on the general part of the forum and not under the hacks section???

5. jfong425 thread starter macrumors member

@romeo.xk its under the hack section i believe.

@tanderson11 I am going to get one but the question is when...

@Applejuiced white or black...I don't care.

6. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I personally won't get one because my 3GS runs iOS4 pretty well and the whole deathgrip thing was a complete turnoff even with very droolable features like the super high res display, Also getting one here is pretty expansive so it's not worth the money

I even thought of getting a feature phone or even an android for the curiosity and have my iOSing just on an iPad... It's up to you :)

EDIT: The big bugs are design flaws, like the deathgrip, some other bugs like the proximity sensors and more, you won't regret getting one anytime, It's a beautiful piece of hardware

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I purchased for the Facetime feature and love it. Also the HD recording, LED flash, and good camera. The other things like being faster, high res screen, and other goodies were not worth it for me. The bugs with the proximity sensor is something I am experiencing now. I am disappointed but glad Apple is working on a software update.

After using it for about a month, I am very happy with it. I took off the bumper when a realized it wasn't an issue in my area. Didn't drop calls so far but my 3GS did drop calls. I like the looks and the feel of the phone in my hand more than the 3GS.

To bad the iPhone didn't work out for some folks with dropping calls because of how they hold it. They probably really would have liked the phone if that wasn't a problem.

I can't comment on the Jailbreaking.

8. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

9. Kayan macrumors 6502

Nice location, so how much is the Data plan on Mars?

10. jfong425 thread starter macrumors member

Hey...play nice!

11. cymruambyth macrumors newbie

I decided to get a lightly used 3gs instead for now. I got it half the price of the equivalent IP4 and it is already jailbroken and unlocked from the get go. The new features of the IP4 just arent worth doubling the price tag for me. Also i'm guessing that the IP4 will turn out to be a bit of a white elephant and that resale value will be a big hit in the pocket when the next gen Iphone comes out next year. I also think that Apple will be desperate to make the next Iphone a real gem after all the bad press of the 4. Therefore i'm going with the 3gs and wioll prob get the next gen when it comes out instead.

At the end of the day it is a question of whether or not you can afford to take the hit on resale value/ reception and if you need the new features or not...

*all just imho and no offence to IP4 users meant...*