should i get an iphone now or wait til the sdk release date if any surprises?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gacxx, Feb 27, 2008.

1. gacxx macrumors regular

gacxx

What if they release something special that day? is it even possible?:confused:

2. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

Are you refering to a new iPhone??? Cause that is not happening... Just get one now.

3. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

yes. i ment to say like any major hardware updates as a surprise. and if they do, is it true if it is in 14 days of the purchase, you can replace it with AT&T or no?

4. hehedavid macrumors newbie

I doubt that AT&T would give you the 14 day thing. Maybe if you could return it, they would charge you the restocking fee.
    They treat iPhones differently than other phones in my experience that I had with AT&T.

5. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

basically the bottom line is get an iphone now, the if anything is released on that day it would just be a software update, AND there is no chance of a hardware update. AM I COMPLETELY RIGHT?

6. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Anything is possible, but highly unlikely. Just as with all other electronics, if you were always waiting for fear that you'd have an outdated product, you'd never buy anything. I bought my MacBook a month ago today, and they just released new ones yesterday. I'm not upset, I've been enjoying mine for a whole month longer than I would have.

Get the iPhone now, I bet we won't see anything hardware related for at least another 3-6 months, and even then, nothing says it'll be worth the wait. 3G could be released tomorrow and I don't believe it would do me a lot of good, most of my area is not set up for 3G anyway. Cest la vie....

7. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

what do they mean by "Apple Inc said on Wednesday it will reveal its software plans for its iPhone device on March 6, including tools for outside developers and features aimed at businesses."

When they say software splans, thats just software meaning it will be in an update right? What exactly does that word features mean? just software?

here if you wanted to read the whole article http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=apple-affirms-iphone-targ

8. cupofjoe macrumors regular

It's just gonna be software and enterprise (exchange) features on 3/6, probably.

Get one now.

9. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

thanks everyone. free to post additional stuff, just to see what everyone says. but now im assured in buying an iphone this week

10. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

OK good. Cuz if you buy one we will surely see an update!

11. B.A. macrumors regular

buy today, use it, and if new hardware does come out that day (very highly unlikely), pay the restocking fee if its something you want.

12. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

:D lets hope theres no update lol! (for the sake of my saneness)

13. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Yeah, get one. Once you do, you will kick yourself for not getting it sooner.

14. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

My better senses tell me you should wait just one week, or buy it now and don't open it for a week JUST INCASE, but it seems as though everyone disagrees. But hey, if it was me buying that iPhone i'd drive 10 minutes to the Apple Store right now.

15. eBay macrumors member

i think the word you are looking for is sanity. But buy the phone

16. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

your only worry is a price drop in the 16 gig (due to the extra space needed for apps) but i don't see that happening for at least a few months.

17. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Get

One

Now

I asked this same question and bought one and could NOT BE HAPPIER

It is well-worth it RIGHT NOW

18. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

yes i meant my sanity lol. thanks for the advice everyone.:)

19. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

im still iffy about waiting until march 6, because anything could happen. i didnt listen to the whole speech, but in the article by macrumors, what did he say exactly about the iphone price drop and or anything else that has to do with hardware? Please answer thanks:apple:

20. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Yeah the only difference will be weather or not the software comes with the phone OOTB.

Even then if they Do charge for some part of the upgrade it probubly won't cost much more than like $20.