Should I get an iPhone or GI+iPod touch??????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crank Lucas, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Crank Lucas macrumors member

Im in a tough situation, I have a ipod touch(1st gen) and debating on wether to sell it and throw in some extra $ for the 16gb iPhone, OR go with tmobile and get the G1 and keep my iPod touch, so its like best of both worlds

Although the convenience of ALL-IN-1 device is important to me

Man this is SO tough:( What would you do?

2. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

3. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

eah all-in-one is nice but the G1 looks like a great phone

4. Crank Lucas thread starter macrumors member

actually, it looks ugly as hell, but it is a great device

5. ajpak macrumors member

g1 is a ugly phone!!! I would say either get the iphone or a blackberry bold.. both are great phones!

6. threezero macrumors 6502

i agree with this guy. If you already have an ipod touch get a more solid phone. iPhone is a cool all in one device but lacks on the phone part. You already have an iPod touch that does what the iphone does minus the phone, get a real phone that won't fail you and have all the essential phone functions.

Get the blackbery bold and keep your itouch.

There must be some apps on the bold that will allow it to share its 3g connection with the ipod touch

7. ajpak macrumors member

^ agreed.. although i dont have any problems with the phone part on my iphone, but it is true blackberries are more reliable and usually never have anything glitchy about them... But blackberries have issues as well, so in the end no phone will ever be perfect just like everything else in this world :)... Just let me know what you want in a phone and we can go from there!

8. one1 macrumors 65816

I would get the G1 and the Touch. Here's why......

If you get the touch you have all the apple goodness and can use the app store for all the games and do everything an iPhone can do (almost).

THEN you can have the G1 to experiment with the android platform and have some fun playing in that world too.

It's a nice plan you have come up with. Best of both worlds.

9. Chef On The Go macrumors newbie

Hey I was in the same position you was in .. i had a iphone 16GB I had a fell out with AT&T after using them for 5 years .. I release my self from my contract sold my iphone brought G1 and now never looking back... Yes the iphone is a great phone but also is the G1 they a both good at what they do .. I like the phone part better with the G1 but the iphone is a better media device ,, So I went to the apple store today and brought the ipod touch 32GB G2 .. So now I have the best of both

I say by the G1 try it out for 30 days if you don't like then go with the iphone but beware AT&T is rip off

10. Crank Lucas thread starter macrumors member

^ hey thanx for the reply man, but what do you mean AT&T is a rip off ?

11. daisuke07 macrumors regular

Get an iPhone 3G phone 16 GB.

AT&T = A Fee & Fee

You are paying for an unlimited data plan but you still have to pay for SMS (Texts) when SMS is data.

12. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Don't get the G1. The device is a complete mess and the OS is FAR from mature.

13. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Sounds like your own fault. Why not do those changes online instead of going into a store? That way you would know it got done, and there would be a record of when you did it so that they would take off the late fee.

14. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I would get the iPhone. Having just one device is a big plus.

15. daisuke07 macrumors regular

only one of those complaints were mine which was the overpaying. The others were other peoples complaints.

16. twist2b macrumors regular

There is NO reason why you should carry around 2 things (itouch AND G1) when you can just get the iPhone.

If you get the iPhone then you can have access to mroe awesome apps like skype. G1 is just a repeat of the iPhone but NOT as good. The network is a little better but who cares? BARELY :p
    All the amazing features of the G1 the iPhone will get in the 2.2 update LIKE 3D ground view for GPS and such.

17. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I think the only reason for you to get the G1 + iPod Touch is if the G1 has some features or anything that you really need that the iPhone doesn't. If that's not the case there's no reason for you to carry 2 devices.

18. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Right, the smart thing for a company like ATT to do would be to give the world an easy out of their contacts. :rolleyes:

19. svndmvn Guest

isn't safari on the iPhone one of the strongest reasons for one to buy it? wouldn't you want to use it on the go?it all depends on the user,I guess an option would be buying an european version, an unlocked one so you can use t mobile if AT T is that much of a rip off..