should I get an iphone or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wreckthisplace, Mar 18, 2009.

1. wreckthisplace macrumors newbie

Hey all

Simple question.

I'm planning on getting an iphone soon but am wondering if I should wait in case Apple is planning on releasing a new one in the next few months.

Any thoughts on this? Are there rumors of a new iphone along with the new OS coming out?

any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting. The 3.0 will not beeout until then anyway but if you want one now the 3g is a nice device.

3. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I understand that you are new here, or at least to posting due to your "Newbie" status next to your screen name. But, there have been COUNTLESS threads on this! You should try searching and seeing if there are other threads that have already been ongoing that meet some or all of your circumstances. I mean really, its your decision. Your going to make your decision regardless of what we all say... If your new welcome! If your new to posting and have been lurking here for awhile, you should have known better!:D

4. wreckthisplace thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you think there's plans for a new iphone or just the OS release?

Apple seems to release new versions of their products almost once a year. If I get a 3G iphone now I'm afraid that they will release a whole new iphone a couple months later.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you have waited this long for an iPhone, I would stick it out for a couple more months. The wait will be worth it. Just like last summer, the new iPhone will probably be released along side the new OS 3.0.

6. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I'm sure there will be upgrades but no one knows what kind. If your afraid you might miss out on something, like I am, wait.