Should i get an iPod Touch or Nano ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fab5freddy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

i am about to get an iPod Touch or a Nano.......

i am not sure which one to get......

can anyone recommend the iPod Touch or is it too buggy right now...?

cheers

2. sweetie81 macrumors regular

The iPod tuch I worked with was brilliant. Sharp display and that stuff but it reminds me too much of an iPhone. The iPod Nano is fabulous. Small, nice. I'd think if I'D need the big screen, WLAN or is it WiFi? What do you wanna do with it? Surf via a wireless connection, using features like youtube?

If not I'd use an iPod Nano.

3. iNeurox macrumors member

If I were you, I'd go iPod Touch.

The iPod Touch is so slick, its multi-touch interface is crazy and you can now Jailbreak it to have all the iPhone apps on it. It is amazing.

I tried the iPod Nano, and it is amazingly thin and the renewed interface rocks. But still, I prefer the Touch to the Nano. Plus, on the Touch you can get up to 16 GB, while on the Nano the maximum is 8 GB.

Oh and also, the huge screen on the iPod Touch is way better for videos, than the Nano's !

So, I'd recommend you iPod Touch, even though the Nano is still really nice.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you want the additional functionality on the touch, buy it. If not, get the nano. It's that simple.

5. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Pretty much. The Touch is an iPod with expandability to do whatever you want it to, when hacked.

The iPod Nano does not.

Your choice. It's all about dollars and cents, right?

6. LavaWitch macrumors newbie

If you want to use it while working out, or in your car, or anywhere you want to be able to operate it by "feel" alone, get the Nano.

The touch is fabulous, but I still use my 60gb photo in my car etc.

7. California King macrumors 65816

They're both pretty different. It depends on what you're going to use it for. The iPod touch is an all in one device, whereas a iPod nano, although plays videos, should be used mainly for music.

8. SpikeX macrumors member

Are you serious? You asked this in the iPod TOUCH forum? What kind of answer did you expect to get? :D

9. db2431 macrumors regular

I have both, I sold my old nano and bought a black 3g 8gb and a 16gb touch.I run everyday so I use the Nike+ kit with the nano and I cant even feel its in my pocket when running, the screen is VERY watchable for tv shows and movies.The touch is around 2.5 times heavier and you can feel it much more in your pocket, no good for running, also its more of a pain to pull out of your pocket and change song when out and about.Apart from that the Video obviously is much better on the touch, 3.5inch widescreen compared to a 2inch 4:3 screen, sound is roughly the same, Internet is the real dealbreaker though, its fantastic on the touch, as is youtube.Id say if you exercise and are more in to just music, hands down buy the nano, if you arnt too bothered about portability or prefer a well rounded experience get the Touch or just get both like I did ;)

10. mjmitchell85 macrumors newbie

nike+ and ipod touch

this is sort of a related question. I have been trying to decide whether or not to get the touch or the nano. I want the touch but want nike+ and i know its not compatible. My main question is, if I get the touch, can i hack it with jailbreak and install nike+ on the touch? if anyone has done this or has any opinion I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

11. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

As stated, it depends.

Do you want a music-focused player (the Nano) or a video, wi-fi, and pda-ish piece of hardware (the Touch)?

I have the 16gb, and it is amazing, and just as everybody says, jailbreaking allows for amazingly increased functionality.

Another aspect to consider is money, along with your daily activities you would carry your iPod with.

12. mjmitchell85 macrumors newbie

nike+ and ipod touch

understood, but can anyone confirm that jailbreaking an ipod touch will allow me to use nike+ on it.

13. r21hugo macrumors member

r21hugo

nike+ does not work with the touch as of yet, i say this because i am pretty sure it will in the near future either a third party app or a nike app once the SDK is released in February. So if you can wait, you might want to go with the ipod touch.

14. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

no bad choice

The nano is a great iPod--but the iPod Touch is 100x better than any other iPod that has ever existed. I've had my touch since mid september and it has proven to be one of the best technology purchases i have ever made. That said my cousin has a nano and it works great for her. A few things to consider: 1) Is money an issue, 2) Do you intend to watch several videos, 3) Will you use the wifi, 4) Is having the latest/greatest device from apple important to you. And if you are concerned with the touch being "buggy" don't be--the fact of the matter is that yes some have had problems, but the vast majority have be exceptional. The truth is you can't make a bad decision--that is unless you buy a zune...

good luck!

15. dudemac333 macrumors newbie

dudemac333

Ipod Touch

GET IPOD TOUCH!!! The ipod touch is really worth it!!!

16. richdo2 macrumors newbie

im lost too

I pods dont have cameras. Do the nano's have same apps as IPODS. Like the
    igun, knocking app, ibeer, etc....?
    email is richdo2@yahoo.com

17. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

the iPod touch is not buggy...if you need something small get the nano. But if size is not an option get the touch and don't look back! You will use the iPod touch for so much more than just music!! enjoy

18. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

The nano does not use the iPhone OS and thus does not run 99.99% of apps from the iTunes App Store. There are only a handful of "Click Wheel" apps, and they are limited to some simple games.

If you're an app enthusiast, get the touch.

My nano does what I want it to do-- hold a lot of music and a handful of videos and play them back-- and it does that very well, in a small, attractive package that happens to record video in a pinch. Then again, I'm not that into apps yet. Conversely, my wife's touch does on-the-go Web browsing and apps very well. However, she's not the music freak that I am, and the bigger screen is better for movie playback.

19. Flake macrumors regular

Flake

wondering, would it be worth getting a 3G touch now at this point in time?

20. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Depends on what you already have and what your needs/wants are. You can almost definitely count on a new Touch in September, but nobody really knows what the features/specs will look like. Given that the 3G was basically a spec upgrade from the 2G, a lot of people think the 4G will be more of an upgrade (such as a different body, the persistent camera rumor, or some other thing we don't know about).

If I were you and had another iPod that was working fine, and I was just looking to upgrade, I'd probably hold off until September—or at least until the new iPhone is released next month, at which point speculation on the Touch would start heating up. On the other hand, if you're itching to get onboard the iPod/App Store train, the 3G is a perfectly capable device that will be serviceable for at least a few years.

21. CSilver macrumors 6502

I asked the same question before I bought iPod Tough 3G.

I think the major feature I use on iPod Touch is the mail.

Other than that, I did play games on it but not any more.

I really enjoy the ability to read emails when at home anywhere in my

house.

I would actually consider getting a small nano just for the music at the gym

or when doing something active. I just can not bear thinking that I might

damage this thing.

Oh and about waiting to buy it for next generation... I would hold off

unless you really need it right now. Who knows? Maybe there is going to be

camera feature on the next generation. I myself waited for a year

hoping for a camera feature but it didn't happen. So, it is up to you!

Good luck!

22. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

iPod touch!
    (but don't buy the last gen ones...they won't support os 4)

23. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

As mentioned, it totally depends on your intended usage for it. If you want to do apps, surf, etc. get the Touch. I you want a slim music player for things like working out get a Nano.

24. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Does everyone understand this thread was begun 2½ years ago?

25. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

LOL just saw that. WTF??