should i get an ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fongman808, Oct 7, 2009.

1. fongman808 macrumors newbie

I want to get an ipod touch for the features but mainly because of the many good apps and games i can take on the go. The wifi would be cool to have also but I already have a nano. I don't know if I should get the touch because its bigger, heavier, and harder to change the song and volume on. Is the touch worth it just for the games and the wifi?

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I have the touch and use it daily as I commute by train for an hour. I read pdf books, listen to music and play games on it. i have not had any other ipod but find no hardship to drag the finger across the screen to unlock and change volume, tunes or fast forward the song at all. i have it in a jacket pocket so I don't feel the bigger weight and size of it than the mini.

3. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Sell your nano and buy the Touch.

4. Ericatomars macrumors regular

I have a classic and a touch~ I love them both... The touch is great to commuting. I recommend that you get a touch, alittle pricey but well worth it!

5. fongman808 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i want to get one but i only have enough money for the touch. I want to keep my nano but I'm also worried about the touch's size and how it will take up space in my pocket and it might fall out of my pocket easily and I could lose it.

6. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

I have the same concern. I have a 2G iPod that I use in the car for listening to podcasts and music. It is extremely easy to change tracks without looking at the unit; I just reach down to where it rests on the console in between the front seats and press down on the right side to depress the "next track" button. My fear is that this won't really be possible with a Touch, as I think you have to press it once to wake it, then swipe in a certain area to unlock, then touch a certain area of the screen to jump to the next track.

Sometimes my iPod likes to play tricks on me by playing a lot of songs I don't want to listen to in a row, so I'm like "next, next, next, next, next... ok, this one's good," but all by feel without looking at it. I think that would be difficult with an iPod Touch. That being said, the Touch looks so cool and apps and ebooks would be so nice that I'll probably just use my current iPod in the car and use a Touch elsewhere.

7. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

on the touch of iphone in my case you can tap the home button twice to get a small play control without doing the swipe. Works well. Also, 3.0 gives you the ability to go to the next track by shaking the device.

Attached Files: