should i get iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tanker23, May 13, 2011.

1. tanker23 macrumors newbie

Hi

I am not sure if I should get the iPad. I have got iPhone 4, but its the same as iPad, just bigger?

Here are some questions!

Can I download torrents on the ipad and watch films?
    Can I do my coursework on it? (such as something similar to word?)

Thanks for your help

2. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

I hope the only television in your house is less than 20 inches. Why buy bigger than you can get a smaller one for less of a price?

3. Holoshed macrumors regular

From what the OP wants, seems like at least an air will be needed, unless you jailbreak which you can't yet on iPad 2, torrents will never "work" as you want them.

Just get a MacBook air or a netbook if those are your top goals.

4. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

If you have to ask if you should then no, no you shouldn't because you quite obviously don't have a need for it.

5. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This question gets asked so often and I don't understand why, are people incapable forming their own decisions?

I agree with others, if you have to ask or be convinced, then no you don't need it.

7. Holoshed macrumors regular

No, the problem is they are lazy and incapable of searching, or feel that if they search they are unable to understand the results.

I get fed up with people asking stuff like that, like the worst though are "Well, I already have a netbook and an iphone so I think I dont need an ipad, should I take it back?" Like we need to tell them if they wasted their money or not.

8. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

No you shouldn't get the iPad 2,I would suggest the Asus transformer instead. There is no torrent client for non jail broken devices,and iPad 2 can't be jail broken as of yet(and may never be as far as we know). Attempting to do any heavy typing on a touchscreen tablet isn't very pleasant, but at least with the Asus you get a pretty nice keyboard/touchpad dock with extra battery and you can get both for pretty much the same price as the iPad 2 if you shop around. The biggest obstacle is the fact that Apple wont let you access the file system so you have either connect the iPad to iTunes to sync files or rely on something like dropbox.

9. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Don't listen to these guys. You can run torrents on the thing no problem and course work is easy peezy. A simple google search would have answered this. These guys like to lie!