Should i get it?

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
43
0
hey guys i just sold my iMac G5 rev A.I was planning to buy a rev B,but i really dont know what to do,my father says that i should wait because maybe apple will introduce new ones in september,what do you guys think i need the computer and i am exited to get one right know but i dont know what to do,also has anyone with a rev B of 20 " had problems with it?

thanks a lot
daniel
 

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
367
According to the buyer's guide, it's still going through it's neutral stage.

the iMac G5 20" is the best bang for your buck, litterally, don't wait!! get it!

There isn't much they can update the proccesors to w/o completly interfering with the PowerMac line.

I say get it NOW! ORDER NOW! why wait?!

Just my 2 cents :)
 
Comment

XNine

macrumors 68040
If you keep waiting for revisions then you'll never get one. The new 20 inch Ultimate iMacs are pretty awesome. Hell, for the money get a loaded mini and a cinema display or another large flat screen and a couple external HD's and hubs for it.
 
Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
367
The Rev A's had lots of problems but now the Rev B's pretty much ironed out those problems, I haven't heard really any complaints about the Rev B's...Rev A's is a different story ;)

Another 2 cents! :p
 
Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
I would recommend purchasing now. No reason to wait. Don't expect an update for a while. You might as well enjoy the Rev. B. ;)
 
Comment

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
1
gwuMACaddict said:
i love my rev b. get one, you wont be dissapointed.
I whole heartedly agree... I love my 20" 2.0 GHz iMag G5!!! I am officially a geek. :eek:
 
Comment

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
43
0
hey guys thanks for the replies,i d it to get the rev B ,more power.(hehe)but after reading some rumors i really dont know whether to wait or not,but apparently now new iMacs for a while ,right?how long do you calculate till and update?7 months?

thanks
daniel
 
Comment

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
460
0
Were the RevA problems on the 20" ironed out in mid-cycle? I have a change to get a great deal on a 20" Rev A iMac (brand new for $1200), but I'm concerned that it'll have those power supply, capacitors melting, overheating logic board issues, etc.

But for $1200, would you take the risk? I presume these closeouts weren't holdovers from last Sept, but hopefully "fixed" ones from Jan-March.
 
Comment

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
43
0
thanks for the replies guys, For your knowledge with apple ,do you think an iMac update could take place in the Paris expo,just 5 months after the update of rev A?i think im gonna get the iMAC once a get back from a trip ,but you know just to take into consideration ,your expertise in the apple highly rumored season(the conferences hehe,Paris and SF specially) :p
 
Comment

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
43
0
Hey guys im in NEW YORK for vacations now(this is sooo coolll), im here getting ready to purchase the iMAc :eek:.For the last time ,do you expect any update in the next to months ,please answer as accurate as possible ,because i really dont want to buy it and have them updated by the end of september.By the way the empire state is AMAZING

thanks :) :eek:
 
Comment

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
4,715
0
Gah! Plymouth
HAHAHAH

Us answer something accurately about Apple releasing a product. Wont happen.

Just buy it nnow why keep on waiting if you can have it now?
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.