Should I get Itouch 2G 8gb or Iphone 3G 8gb- and more

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maclover13, Mar 4, 2009.

1. maclover13 macrumors newbie

hey guys if you look in my signature you will see that I already have an ipod
    my b-day is coming up and I wanted to get an IPod Touch 2nd gen 8gb
    but I realized something- I want the touch but I don't have a phone
    would it be better if I get the Iphone 3G so I dont have to order a cell phone or should I get the touch and a phone which could suck before you decide, I was also thinking about trading in my mac mini for a macbook. look at my signature for the mini's stats and is it worth it to be traded in?
    just wondering ok thanks by

2. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

3. j5045096 Guest

your Mac Mini and a lot of cash might get you a MacBook. Re: the phone; keep what you have. Does it work? Then keep it. An iPhone isn't like buying the average cell phone. Have you considered that your data plan is $30 a month in addition to whatever minute plan you choose? Are you going to text? Add another $10-20. My iPhone 3G bill each month is over $100 (taxes included) and I have several corporate discounts. Not sure you should be taking on something like this based on your post.

4. maclover13 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys!

thanks guys your a big help
    but just one more thing I forgot to mention- I have AT&T as my cell phone provider (it used to be cingular but AT&T bought it) and will that save me some money if I get the phone?

5. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

nope. it's still going to be over $100 every month with data and texting. and you HAVE to get the data plan. that's why I decided against getting the iPhone. too much money!!!! i pay $50 for my blackberry on t-mobile with WIFI so i don't pay for data ;]