Should I get MB Pro 15" 2014 for 20% off?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sh4rPEYE, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Sh4rPEYE macrumors newbie

Sh4rPEYE

Hi!

I am thinking about buying Macbook Pro for a long time. Initially I waited till May to get the newest version of 13", since 15" was too expensive for me. But now I have an interesting opportunity to buy Macbook Pro 15" 2014 (with i7 2.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD) in a sale for 20% off. Should I get it, or buy Macbook 13" 2015? Or wait for 2016, because Autumn is almost here and there will be new Macs showed?

Thanks in advance :)

2. kohlson macrumors 6502a

There will always be newer/better Macs just around the corner. The one you're looking at is similar to one I use for work, and it's nice. When encoding video in some apps I wish it were faster, but otherwise it works well. Which raises the question for you: What will you be doing with this system. If only occasional video/photo editing, then it will be more than adequate. In theory, the SSD should be upgradeable so when the time comes you may have that option. No one has released one yet, though.

3. Sh4rPEYE thread starter macrumors newbie

Sh4rPEYE

Well, the SSD will deffinetly fill my needs, at least I believe so. I am more kind of a designer/developer/occasional gamer, so the slower SSD will be enough. It is still like thousand times faster than my current HDD with intel duo :D