Should I get my MBP or should I wait

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Coltconn, Apr 18, 2011.

  1. Coltconn macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    #1
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I'm getting a MBP in early June for graduation. I was wondering if anyone thought it would be a good idea to wait for Lion to come out, or to just go ahead and get it (probably June 4). I really think that lion would be a great OS for me, but I don't want to have to pay for the upgrade or the headaches of upgrading. What do you think I should do?
     
  2. ozreth macrumors 65816

    ozreth

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2009
    #2
    Well there is no headache of upgrading a mac OS. You just pop the disc in, make a sandwich, eat it, play with lion.
     
  3. tobygw macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2011
    Location:
    Ottawa, Ontario
    #3
    I would probably just get it, especially since Mac OSX upgrades are usually pretty inexpensive and simple. However I think that Lion might actually be out by then. If it's just like a week or two you have to wait though, then just wait.
     
  4. Apple 26.2 Contributor

    Apple 26.2

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    Location:
    What up, 212?!
    #4
    Lion will be a great OS for many people... but that's no reason to wait for it. Get the MBP and enjoy it now!
     
  5. Coltconn thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    #5
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Thanks for the advice!
     
  6. apolloa, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

    apolloa macrumors G3

    apolloa

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2008
    Location:
    Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
    #6
    I would wait for what they say at the WWDC whenever it is, but it's around June time I think? they will most likely announce a release date then I should think?
     
  7. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2011
    #7
    I think WWDC is June 6-10. I would get it as soon as you can. Enjoy the computer, I am graduating college mid-May and already have my 13" i7 MBP that I bought myself as a graduation present (also to be used in medical school)! Let Lion come out and see if anyone is having any problems with it, then upgrade.
     
  8. acedickson macrumors 6502a

    acedickson

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2004
    Location:
    ATL
    #8
    Those should be the instructions included with OS X.

    OP, don't wait too long. If the release date hasn't been announced by early June, I would buy. If it has then you can make an informed decision.
     
  9. Coltconn thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    #9
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Ok, thanks everyone. I'll wait for wwdc :)
     
  10. ender land macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    #10
    if you are a student it might be worth it to get the discounted iPod deal as well if you wait a bit
     

Share This Page