Should I get one?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by reginaalear, Sep 22, 2016.

1. reginaalear macrumors newbie

reginaalear

I have never had a Apple Watch but I'm considering getting one. Just wondering if you all are glad you got them or is it something I should skip? I'm planning to get the series 1.

2. Huliodude macrumors member

It was a very tough sell for me. The vast majority of people don't need one, and can get along just fine without it. However, once you wear one for a month, your expectation of what a watch should do changes.

I am no longer happy with a normal watch that simply tells the time and date, no matter how awesome it looks and what status or cachet it carries. When you start to appreciate the dozens of little things the Apple Watch can do to make your life easier and better, you'll know it is worth it. Even if they are disposable tech gadgets that will be near worthless in a couple of years.

Try one for a couple of weeks. I bet you get hooked.

3. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Similiar story with me. Didn't wear a watch for years, now I miss it when I don't have it on.

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

It is not going to change your life. However, if you like technology toys, you will like it. I love the Apple Pay, weather complication, and the calendar display. When I am grilling, I love using Hey Siri to start a stopwatch when my hands are too messy to do it by touch. And then, I have a killer remote grill thermometer that talks to my watch, so I can know when my stuff is ready to pull off the grill.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

6. reginaalear thread starter macrumors newbie

reginaalear

7. Mac Addict macrumors member

Mac Addict

I use my watch all the time every day. Having the calendar, my omni focus, weather, news, time, date, etc... all my the watch face is reason enough. Then get into sending / receiving messages, reading emails, using siri to make ical appointments etc.. the list goes on. If this sounds like something you'd use it for too, then I'd say go for it.

8. SUMIMASN macrumors member

SUMIMASN

My AW2 is my first & it had me at Hello. No regrets on day 3.

9. aviddk macrumors regular

Not just YES, Hell YES! That is after only 48 hours of using mine. The first stunning revelation for me was putting it on. It is so very comfortable to wear and the Space Black with Black Sport band looks great. Does anyone need one, probably not. Would anyone who loves tech gear enjoy the amazing features and capabilities, most definitely.

10. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

I was one of the first to buy one last year. Tried it for about half a year and when our baby was born I got too tired to charge it every day.

I would say my only gripe with it is the charging it everyday. Eventually sold it sometime last year. Maybe when they increase the battery to more then 1 day I'll jump back on it.

11. leenak macrumors 68020

Yeah charging it every day is a bit of a pain and as a Fitbit user, you may not like that factor. I'd say buy it, try it for a week and then return it if you don't like it.