should i get Quickbooks Pro for Mac or Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shecky, Mar 16, 2008.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

my accountant "requires" that we use Quickbooks for our business accounting. I have a Mac Pro and a MBP, so i can run quickbooks pro 2008 for windows under bootcamp or i can get quickbooks pro 2007 for mac and run it under OSX.

i have heard nothing but seething hatred for the mac version of quickbooks so i am thinking about just getting the windows version. since the nature of our business is not to have a ton of transactions every day we would probably only be using quickbooks for a few hours a week at most, and printing checks, etc. once or twice a week.

thoughts?

2. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Yeah, accountants are jerks like that. But here's what they don't tell you (prolly cause they don't know) - there are a ton of much better apps out there that can exchange files with Quickbooks flawlessly.

I use one called iFinance. Just had my taxes done Thursday, and my accountant didn't even know my file wasn't generated in QB.

But if you absolutely have to do have QB, get the Windows version. Yes, the Mac version bites, and as of two months ago it wasn't even Leopard-compatible.