Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justforrfunnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
I'm going to university this coming fall and will be busing to and from school everyday. I am a very petite girl (90lbs) so I prefer a portable laptop. Since I'm so small I don't want to carry a heavy laptop around campus.

However, I'll be doing some graphic works and will be using Photoshop quite often. I'm going to be a Marketing major so I'll probably do some video editing. I want my laptop to run smoothly!

I am debating whether to chose the 13-inch: 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 or the 15-inch: 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7

I'm not concerned about screen size that much. Is the 13 inch good enough? Is the 15 inch light enough for me to carry around campus everyday?:confused:

PLEASE HELP.:eek:

lagisibuk

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
hello sista :D

2,9Ghz with 13 is dual-core
2.3Ghz with 15 is quad-core

with quad-core, u will get more performance for many activity in macbook
with quad-core, u dont worry for future (2-4 year), your macbook still update.

I suggest, u find a "refurb model for 15 retina", maybe u will spend same cost for new model 15 cMBP vs refurb 15 rBMP.

from weight, 15 retina will same with 13 cmbp

But, if you dont worry about "weight", please come with 15cMBP... u can upgrade RAM, SSD in future :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.