Should I get the 3G now or wait until this summer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacNitUp, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MacNitUp macrumors newbie

I've got the original iPhone, but I'm ready for another one. Should I wait until this summer to see if they come out with a new one, or should I go ahead and get the 3G.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There will be a new iPhone in the summer. Do what you wish.

3. iMule macrumors 6502

I would wait. You can get by with your 1G for a little over 3 months.

4. fjk macrumors regular

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ok tallest, i want you to do a "iphone 3g v2 official thread" and list all the knowns lol

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

If you can hold off, wait. If not, do it now.

Plain and simple.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That'd be a short thread... :p

Thread title: The 2009 iPhone: Everything We Know

First post: Schiller said June, so June. It will come with 3.0.

/thread

:D

8. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I am generally not a fan of "waiting". You can't live your life based on what MIGHT happen.

However, in this case, I would wait. Something is definitely on the horizon with the iPhone.

So if you can use the one you have for 4 months, you'll be pleased you saved money.

9. MurphyM macrumors 6502

When you're this close you wait ! I've wanted an iPhone for a while. My Verizon contract is up next month, time to switch. But new hardware is almost certainly going to appear by July at the latest - so I'm waiting.

I'm pretty psyched about what I'm getting compared to previous iPhone software. The touch and iPhone have come a long way in less than two years. Adding GPS, MMS, hopefully new Push stuff. And there's Google calendar and contacts - both push. Compare that to the iPhone that shipped with no App Store !

So many pundits have rained on yesterday's announcement as being beneficial for developers and not consumers. I don't know how anyone could be more short-sighted. Or less qualified to write about technology.

10. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

I have the original iPhone as well. I was pretty mad yesterday when I heard that stereo bluetooth will be supported in the 3G and not the original (ok, that is completely a hardware issue based off of what bluetooth chip is in the iPhone, but stereo bluetooth is a feature I really want so i can listen to headphones 'wirelessly') But, I thought to myself that if iPhone software 3.0 will be out this summer, then so will a nice new shinny iPhone 3.0 to go with it! So I am all ready to wait for the new iPhone to match the new software. Hopefully at least one hardware feature that cannot be matched in the iPhone 3G or original iPhone. So unless your current iPhone is broken, I would wait for a new iPhone.