Should I get the 6s+ or the 6s (read further)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheKevinFang, Aug 5, 2015.

1. TheKevinFang macrumors member

Planning to get one of the flagships when they release around this September.
    Which one should I get, the 6s or the 6s+?

Here's what I like about the 6+:

Better Battery Life
    Larger Screen - for viewing content

Here's what I don't care for with the 6+ over the 6:

OIS
    Slightly sharper 1080p screen at 401ppi.
    Landscape mode optimised apps

Here's what I don't like about the 6+:

Fitting into pockets
    One handed use
    Landscape mode in general, e.g. the home screen landscape.

Also, do take note, that I will probably purchase the iPad Air 3, as well as the fact that I commute a lot to college and I do value portability more than the average middle-aged man.

So - which one do you think I should get, and what flagship did YOU choose, and why?

Thank you for reading.

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

6 strictly for the fact i like using my phone one handed at times. I owned the 6+ and couldn't get use to the size. thats just my opinion though.

3. riviera74 macrumors member

What phone do you have?

Right now I am trying to figure out whether to get the 6s or the 6s+ to replace my LG G3. My brother seems to really like the 6s that he has had for the last several months. On the other hand, the 6s+ may well be too big to handle.

4. hawon macrumors member

To me if you are getting an iPad Air to carry it around with you, then I will recommend you to get regular 6s. Other than batter battery life your list points to 6s than plus. (Larger screen being con as well)

5. TheKevinFang thread starter macrumors member

Hi, I'm only using the air at home except for long journeys.

Also, I owned a LG G2 which is a little bit bigger than the 6/6s, but now own an iPhone 5. I just hate the small screen, along with some speed issues on iOS 9 beta 2.

6. riviera74 macrumors member

Then prepare yourself for a 6s/6s+ in a couple of months. The smallish screen of the iPhone 5 is why I switched to Android 2.5 years ago.

7. TheKevinFang thread starter macrumors member

Yes - although I still think that either the 6 will be too small for me, or the 6+ may be too large.

I'm inclined towards the 6/6s though as I don't need the landscape features nor do I need the OIS particularly.

That being said, should I wait for the iPhone 7? Probably not, and the 5 is driving me crazy, as it's a great piece of software in frankly, an outdated piece of hardware for my liking

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Your needs seem to better fit the 6 than the 6 Plus. I have tried both and ended up with the 6. The only thing I miss is the screen size. I get all day battery life from my 6 as I am not a heavy user. I also get the convenience of being able to use it one handed as I have small hands. Never an issue fitting it into a pocket. Even though it has a smaller screen, I have no issue with the screen size of the 6 as it is still pretty decent to use. Even when I use it to watch a movie when I am traveling.

In the end you will have to make the final decision. Others like the Plus size. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the Plus, it just was not for me.

9. 8rlee8 macrumors regular

Have you read your own post to help you make your decision easier? It's pretty obvious that you don't want the larger model.

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

You can always go to an Apple store and play with the current 6 and 6+ since the S sizes will be practically the same.

11. TheKevinFang thread starter macrumors member

The
    There are things I value deeply with the Plus. But yes I'm leaning towards the normal one from past replies...

12. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

I think you should go with the 6 plus. You will get lots of screen real estate and it is nice reading webpages and books on.

After a week you won't even notice how big the 6 plus is. I have tiny hands and short fingers and I use the iPhone 6 plus just fine.

When I went back to an iPhone 6 for work it felt really small too me.