Should I get the Apple Mac Box Set Now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nit, May 18, 2009.

  1. nit macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    #1
    hey everyone I seen that I could get Apple Mac Box Set for about £99 off amazon and i'm wondering if it would be a good time to upgrade my macbook pro with tiger on it or should I wait until the wwdc and see if they state when snow Leopard coming out?
     
  2. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

    Bye Bye Baby

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Location:
    i(am in the)cloud
    #2
    Wait. Amazon will likely keep their prices for a while.
     
  3. entergreenland macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 10, 2009
    #3
    If you do buy it and snow leopard comes out soon afterwards then you can get it for a knocked down, minimal price.
     
  4. ditzy macrumors 68000

    ditzy

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    #4
    I don't think that's true.
     
  5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Location:
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    #5
    ...that's usually only on the purchase of a new computer, I don't believe it pertains to just software purchases...
     
  6. lucamacis macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 5, 2009
    Location:
    London
    #6
    Since you've managed to live with Tiger for this long without leopard i would just wait until Snow leopard is released. It will be released soon (aka this year) so if your not desperate for leopard than just wait. Save your self trouble and money :)
     
  7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

    neiltc13

    Joined:
    May 27, 2006
    #7
    Tiger is more stable, reliable and in my opinion is a better OS than Leopard.

    Upgrading doesn't get you much - especially for £100. Wait for Snow Leopard and maybe Apple will have sorted out many of the problems it managed to create with Leopard.
     
  8. CMelton macrumors regular

    CMelton

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2008
    Location:
    London, UK
    #8
    Although I agree with the above comments, that you'd be better off waiting, it depends how badly you want iwork and ilife 09. That's a pretty good price for those two and you get to upgrade on top of that. I think that's what the decision should be based on, not leopard.
     
  9. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #9
    Yeah, but the OP already has the prior version of iLife that came with his MBP. No harm in waiting until WWDC at least to see if 10.6 is released, or when the release date for it will be announced. An announcement of what 10.6 requires would be nice, too.

    If they don't release 10.6, but state that it requires core 2 duo chips to take advantage of all of its features, then it may make sense to buy the current set if he has an original core duo. No harm in waiting two or three weeks anyway.
     
  10. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2009
    Location:
    Mexico
    #10
    Wait.
    Snow Leopard is not so far away. You can give iWork 09 a free trial, if you want, to be sure you need it, while you're waiting.
     

Share This Page