Should I Get the CandyShell

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Nov 9, 2010.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

After a few months of searching and giving up on the Hybrid Tough Case & the Trim, I have now turned my attention to getting a CandyShell, one very quick question though.

Will it work with a backside screen protector?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yes. I have front/back protectors on mine and it fit without any issue. Will let you know that, even with a back protector, it really won't matter since it's a huge PITA to take the case off. The interior rubber of the case should provide enough protection for your case but having a protector on there shouldn't hurt.

3. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Alright thanks, either going to get this or the PixleSkin or the Trim. Will have to look into those and this. Still looking for that perfect hybrid iPhone case...sigh.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Heard a lot of folks say they really liked the Pixelskin HD. I don't think it looks that great but that's personal preference. I think the Candyshell (stupid name for a case BTW) offers a lot more protection and looks pretty good too. I just received my Contour Showcase today and that was my "ultimate" case. Hope you have some luck in finding yours.

5. joec1101 macrumors 6502

The Pixelskin HD is a better choice right now. The Candyshell still has the rubber flaking issue. Until they change the material, the CS is going to flake within a few days of use. I have been told by someone at an Apple store that Speck told her they are working on a fix for the flaking - I'm guessing they will change the material altogether. I would wait for a better revised edition.

6. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Hmm.. I'd guess they will send replacements to anyone who has an iPhone 4 candyshell, maybe whoever has a candyshell all together, they have pretty good customer service. But then again they might not because that would cost them alot of cash.

7. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

Better make sure you still have your receipt. I had bought the original version for the iphone 4 when they first came out. Then they came out with the flash fix and i received a replacement using a picture and the box that it came in as proof (the shipping info was on the box, but i no longer had a receipt).

Then just a few days ago i contacted speck to get another replacement because my second case was flaking horribly. i didn't have a receipt from the replacement (there was no receipt sent and didn't come in a box, just an envelope) so i emailed them back with this info but told them just to look me up in their system since i have only dealt with them directly.

I haven't received a response in 3 days probably meaning that they are not going to help me.

Moral of the story. Save every single receipt from every single purchase you ever make because without it the company has no desire to help.

8. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

maybe you should give them a call to follow up on your email. i didnt hear back from them in 2 days and i just called them and they got me a replacement. whether they just ignorned my email or honestly overlooked it, i still got my replacement so its worth a shot.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I have the Candyshell and I think it's a pretty solid case and I would definitely recommend it.

10. Jumpman2033, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I'll give it a shot.

Update: Thanks for getting me off my butt and calling. Talked with a Gavin (i beleive) and he said they were short staffed (guy is off at a showcase). Talked with him for a few minutes and my replacement Geometric will be shipped today. Speck by far has the best customer service that i have ever dealt with. Very friendly, easy to talk to and always helpful. If only they could fix the flaking of the candyshell.

11. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure people that work in the customer relations try to get to our inquries in a prompt manner. Sometimes it might take days, but as Baloney said it's worth a shot. It's your money that you spent on the product so why not claim yours if there was a defect or what not.

12. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Sorry, not enough protection, anyone try out the SwitchEasy Oddyssey?