Should I get the current TBD or wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by insimbi, Aug 27, 2013.

1. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

I've just sold my Late 2008 MBP and 24" LED Cinema Display so that I could put the money towards either a new iMac or a 27" TBD to go along with my MacBook Air.
    But... it sounds like both of these could be upgraded soon? I've heard that the iMac's might get a Haswell chip upgrade very very soon. I've also heard the Thunderbolt Display is due for a refresh (USB 3.0, new thin design possibly).

So I'm stuck as to what I should do. Maybe I should just use my MacBook Air and wait a month to see what gets announced. Are there any indications that a new TBD is coming soon? Not sure what route to take. Any opinions are welcome.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There have not been any reliable rumors on a new TBD, but I suspect you will see a new display come out at the same time the new Mac Pros are released. Apple recently released a promo video saying the Pro will be released "Fall 2013."

If it were me, I would hold out until then.

3. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i would definitely hold out til the mac pro comes out. I want to get two of them but no way i am going to buy the current one for 800 or so.

4. blanka macrumors 68000

Just forget about TBD's and get a 500 bucks Dell U2713HM.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Not a bad display at all, but for some of us the extra cost of the TBD is worth it to have one TB cable to connect to the monitor that handles normal display functions plus audio/video, ethernet, USB, TB passthrough etc.