Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awfisch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I am a student currently at a community college, but I am transferring to a bigger school next fall. Last spring I bought a 13 inch macbook pro for freelance design work that I do, and my degree in media mass comm. I am quite impressed by the ipad, and I am debating whether or not I should get it. From people's personal experience, (mostly with the original ipad) is it worth it? Will I get my moneys worth in the design world? I don't want to dish out $500 for something that is going to sit on my desk all day.

Thanks!

Andy

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
The Pad #1 and #2 is a Toy/Gadget. If budget was a consideration I would put it at the end of my list of things to get - Especially if I was still in school. Your 13 inch MacBook should suit you well.

PLamarine

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Central MA
The Pad #1 and #2 is a Toy/Gadget. If budget was a consideration I would put it at the end of my list of things to get - Especially if I was still in school. Your 13 inch MacBook should suit you well.

I disagree that it is a Toy. I have replaced my netbook that I used every day for 6 months with my iPad 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.