Should I get the iPad? Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by britneyfan, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

Where is the cheapest place I can get it? Help? Is it that big of a difference from an iPhone 4?

2. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Should I get the iPad? Depends.
    Is it worth it? Yes
    Where is the cheapest place I can get it? Haven't Seen Price Breaks.
    Help? ?
    Is it that big of a difference from an iPhone 4? Wow.

In case you just heard of it, or this is your only pipeline to the internet:

The iPad sits between a Smart Phone and a Laptop in almost ALL ways.

3. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

So it wouldn't be a bad purchase because I already have an iPhone 4?

It's kinda small.

4. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Love the iPad and I also have an iPhone 4.

The only issue is that 4.2 is not out until November, and from my own testing it is really a huge improvement for the iPad. Without multitasking and airprint the iPad is pretty limited. So yeah basically iPad with 4.2 will be an awesome device.

Where to buy? I think Apple started selling refurbs now but they are only $50 cheaper which isn't really a lot of savings.

You really can't compare a device like this to an iPhone, they have different uses.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Using iPad 4.2 right now and it feels like a brand new device altogether... only thing I would want on this now is a vid camera for facetime but that ain't happening any time soon :p

6. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Man have you been living under a rock for the last few months :p yeah iPad is WAY different fromm the iPhone, all that extra screen real estate is worth every penny.

What do you want it for? It's main strengths are content consuming.

7. iKimm macrumors member

Love it & worth every penny :):). I use it every single day. I own an iPhone 4 too. There is a very big difference when using each device. You will not regret getting one!!

Enjoy :D

8. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

New iPad

When is a new iPad coming out? Think it will be in March again (or was it April)? I will wait for that if i do decide to get one

9. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Sometime in 1st quarter of next year is the current rumors going around. So yeah if you can wait that long then there is nothing wrong with that.

10. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

Yes, it is different from the iPhone 4. You can't make phone calls and it's bigger.

Buy it. Love mine. Don't wait. So stingy. Unless you care about a FaceTime camera, which is completely strange (unless you live really far away from your girlfriend).

11. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

No. Yes.

12. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

What's an iPad? Is this some magical, revolutionary device that has been talked about ad nausea with a million similar threads asking the same redundant question over and over by posters to lazy to use the search feature to find answers without generating useless, repetitive threads? Is that the same iPad?

13. Built macrumors 68020

To the OP...

The SEARCH function is your friend.

USE IT.

14. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

That still won't stop the next 100 posts like this in the next few weeks.

15. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

The thing is, I think (have my conspiracy hat on) this OP is the same OP from various other threads that has started these stupid threads about the iPad. Look at the post counts and the fact that they the OP usually posts once or two times max. Personally and I will say it, I think this is a poster who's username starts with an: "X" creating multiple accounts and starting multiple posts for the hell of being annoying.

16. Built macrumors 68020

True...Why exert any effort when they can have everything spoon-fed to them?

Honest to God, it's hard to understand how some of these people navigate through life...If they can't handle the SEARCH function, a mere visit to a supermarket must be completely overwhelming for them!

17. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

"Do I get Pepsi throwback or do I buy Pepsi Max?? WHAT DO I DO? … TO THE INTERNETS!"

Every decision they make in life is done through posting a new thread on a message board. They have a different forum for each thing.

"I am hungry. Should I order Pizza or just go out to get some Sushi?? HELP ME DECIDE NOW! I am starving and the Sushi place closes in 30 minutes. Someone please help I am dying from hunger!"

"I just chopped off my finger while slicing a carrot. Do I call an ambulance or just try to patch it up with some toilet paper and duct tape? Help internets!"

18. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

What to you want to bet that the OP never shows up again?

19. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

It could be argued that this type of discussion makes up the majority of social media. Not every topic can be germane, else MR would be nothing but tech support questions.

It might be bad when it's overflowing a board, but there has to be something entertaining at this hour :D

20. Built macrumors 68020

Ain't THAT the truth!

If we're lucky! But then again, he will just be replaced with another attention-seeking, incompetent who wants information spoon-fed to him.

There's Fscebook for that. Let them bore their equally self-centered friends with mindless nonsense.

21. oli356 macrumors 6502

But the questions can't be answered by someone else anyway...

I know people who use their iPad for work (photographer for weddings) I use mine at home for browsing, games etc

22. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

You should NOT get the iPad. It's really not worth it at all. I mean who needs an iPad now when you can wait for another one next year? I also recommend that you DON'T use the search function or even check the iPad forums that you so happened to find and post your question.

23. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I debated this until I played with one for about 5 minutes at the Apple store. Then I bought one ASAP. My iPhone data usage has dropped radically--the iPad is much more fun for mail/web/games/books. . .

24. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

It's not for everyone, the best thing to do is to go try it out in person. If it blows your mind (figuratively) then get one. If you ask yourself, 'whats the point of this?' then don't. Simple really.

25. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Thread closed because of bickering and less than helpful posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.