Should i get the iPhone 3GS or Wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fab5freddy, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

    fab5freddy

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Location:
    Heaven or Hell
    #1
    I currently have the iPhone 3G and want to upgrade soon.
    Should i upgrade now to the 3GS or wait till the new iPhone?
    What are the rumors so far.......When is the new iPhone coming out?
    THanks!
     
  2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #2
    Since you already have a 3G, I would wait until summer. Apple usually releases new iPhones in the June/July timeframe.
     
  3. Ish macrumors 68000

    Ish

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2004
    Location:
    UK
    #3
    Sure I've still got that rubber stamp from last week's thread . . . Ah yes, here it is

    Wait!

    *Puts it back 'til next week* :)
     
  4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

    andybno1

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #4
    I'm in same situation, I have a 3G and kind been chompin at the bit to upgrade to 3GS but yeh I am waiting till new one is released as I would only kick myself if I got the 3Gs and the new iPhone came out lol
     
  5. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

    Vandam500

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    #5
    Well I mean you know the new iPhone is going to come out, no if's or but's about it. Just wait, just a couple more months.
     
  6. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #6
    Wait with me :)

    I'm rocking a prepaid dumb phone until it comes out. Will make me appreciate it so much more eventually :D
     
  7. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

    blancoBronco

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Location:
    South Tampa
    #7
    Not necessarily. Rumors about the "iPad" and iPhone OS 4.0 are all we really have so far from Apple. I'm not saying there won't be a new iPhone, but we have no clue yet.

    OP, I would wait because there MIGHT be a new one coming out this year. Wait until the Jan. 27th event, if there's no news there, wait until May or so, and if there's still nothing (which is really unlikely) then upgrade
     
  8. FrogTastic macrumors regular

    FrogTastic

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #8
    There is always going to be something new. I doubt the 4G is going to be all that different. Hopefully it is, but doubt it. Remember all the rumour about the 3Gs and what did we get - a faster 3G basically.
     
  9. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #9
    Which is why this one is most likely to be a bigger change. dundundun.
     
  10. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

    Ke1ington

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    #10
    I'm going to disagree with EVERYBODY and say "buy it!". :)

    Seriously, you're missing out and you'll have no problem selling it when the new one comes out.
     
  11. Aldaris macrumors 65816

    Aldaris

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2004
    Location:
    Salt Lake
  12. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

    blancoBronco

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Location:
    South Tampa
    #12
    good luck upgrading
     
  13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

    Mystikal

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
  14. mantan macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Location:
    DFW
    #14
    Wait. Credible details on what's coming out will be out by later this spring. For a few short months it's worth it to see what's out there.

    If kids can wait a few months for Christamas....grown adults can show a little patience for a cell phone.
     
  15. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #15
    And another reason to wait, when the new iphone comes out there might be good deals to sign.
     
  16. macfem macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2010
    #17
    Yeah, I would wait ... after all you've waited this long...what's a couple more months? [​IMG]
     
  17. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2009
    #18
    Im just waiting till the January event, Im totally buying one if nothing is mentioned there.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page