Should I get the iPhone 4 now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcintoshmc, Nov 20, 2010.

1. mcintoshmc macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What would you do? I had the iPhone, 3G, and 3GS, and Ive been saving to buy myself the iphone4 for Christmas, but I've been hearing that verizon will be getting it too in early 2011. My contract will be up, so I'd rather goto verizon, but then I know the iPhone 5 will be out in July, and I won't be able to upgrade because I would've just got the iPhone 4. Also, I don't know for a fact when or if Verizon will even be getting the phone.

2. mcintoshmc thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've been an early adopter for all the iPhones except iPhone 4. I guess I messed up in that respect.

3. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

I doubt the iPhone "5" will have much improvements on it.

It will be like the 3GS, so basically iPhone 4GS. You know how Apple like to milk the crap out of their products, so you're pretty bang on it of them releasing a new version in 2011.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

If you're waiting until January to see whether the iPhone will go to Verizon, might as well just wait until June for the iPhone 5.

5. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I upgraded from a 3G a last month, and REALLY regret that I did not do it sooner. I was delayed by antenna-gate. IMHO the 4 is really a work of art, but then I am fond of glass and stainless by nature. Going caseless too.

I realize a 5 (or 4S) is on the horizon, but the timing will be something like . . .
    1. Release in June-July
    2. Problems reported in July-Aug
    3. Resolution in Sept-Nov

So why wait?;)

Now the Verizon question might be more pertinent, but where I live and travel ATT has been just fine.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. CZK, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

8. Amnak, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

Amnak macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat but probably doing the opposite. I've never had a smart phone and I'm currently on verizon my contract ends in may.

I could

A) wait till Jan if it comes to VZW then I upgrade
    B) if it dosent come out get the ip4 on AT&T but then it's like I know ip5 is around the corner
    C) just shut up get ip4 on AT&T be happy and be able to upgrade to ip6 while people who upgraded to ip5 won't be able to upgrade.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Really? I've never used a case and my phone has been excellent in every respect. Want to try again?

10. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

There's always going to something newer (better?) on the horizon; you can go crazy getting caught up in the game of "what might be and should I wait?"

Life is short: Get the iPhone 4 (or put an arbitrary deadline on waiting until/if this "Verizon iPhone" thing pans out) and enjoy it. :D