Should I get the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StephenCampbell, Jul 29, 2010.

1. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

I have a 16GB 1st generation iPhone from February 2008. When the 3G came out in summer 2008, I said to myself "it's not worth the money, my phone still does pretty much everything the new one does," and I was happy keeping it, in spite of cracking the screen in July 2008. There's a giant crack that basically runs from the top of the screen to the bottom, and I've lived with it for two years now. I just got used to it, and it doesn't even bother me.

But anyways, a year later, the 3GS came out, and at that point in time I didn't even have the money to upgrade anymore, so again I just pointed out to myself that my phone does everything that I want an iPhone for (music, photos, videos, games, email, web, texting, maps, phone).

And so another year went by, and now the iPhone 4 comes out, and I can afford to upgrade, and am seriously considering it this time, because the gap between my phone and it has finally become substantial enough that it might actually make sense to upgrade.

The things that I would regularly use/enjoy on the new phone that my phone doesn't do are the high resolution display, the doubled capacity, the speed of the OS, the much better camera, and the HD video recording. I would also enjoy the non-cracked screen too of course.

What do you guys think? Should I just do it already? Or should I wait till next summer? The next iPhone will probably run on the 4G network, right?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

3. sebko macrumors newbie

Same situation but my screen is OK.

The thing is spend 200 dolls plus the plan ...
    Because I'm happy with my V1 ok he's slow but just one second forget the speed what's the difference the screen and the camera.

4. echang macrumors newbie

Go For It

Since you mentioned you can afford it, I say go for the iPhone 4 because it is a substantial upgrade from 3G. The retina display and HD video recording are amazing enough, not to mention the other features.

The antenna is a non-issue for me - I may lose 1-2 bars while deathgripping the phone in low reception areas, but I have not experienced a single dropped call since I got the phone on June 25th.

Yes, you can wait for the next iPhone, and perhaps it may run on the 4G network, but with that mindset, you will never enjoy newer technology. Up to you, though :)

5. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I would get the iPhone 4.

As for a 4G Phone, don't expect that any time soon. AT&T (and others) still had a good bit of 3.5G / 3.9G upgrades to go and it WILL be years before LTE is widely used.

6. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Are you going to complain about it on the forums nonstop? If not then by all means go for it! :D

7. dagored macrumors 65816

I would wait. Something better will always be coming out.

Seriously, only you can make this decision.