Should I get the Iphone 5? Have IP4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jtt2006, Aug 23, 2011.

1. jtt2006 macrumors newbie

I was wondering is people feel ambivalent about upgrading from IP4 to IP5 when it appears there is nothing really groundbreaking on IP5 besides a slightly better camera. I guess I am so happy with my IP4 that the only real things that would make me upgrade would be a far superior antenna or a noticeable difference in video/pics quality. I am not sure how you could improve on the retina display.

I am sure this is just my opinion so I was wondering if others with IP4's feel the same way or find rumored features that have piqued their interest in upgrading.

2. HaiRy macrumors newbie

Surely wait until it's actually released before you decide?

"there is nothing really groundbreaking on IP5 besides a slightly better camera"

Pure speculation - might not even have an 8mp camera, could still be 5.

3. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

It appears nothing. Wait until it's released and see what's new...then weigh the benefits vs. the cost. Posting a thread like this more than a month prior to it's release (ESPECIALLY when very little has leaked about the device) isn't going to provide you with any real answers.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I will!

5. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

6. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

You really shouldn't be asking these kinds of questions until after the iP5 is released. :cool:

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Honestly, for once I'm totally satisfied with my phone (IP4).

All the prior revisions added major functionality (GPS, compass, more speed, RAM), but now I think it's pretty much where I need it to be. With the 512meg RAM, it's plenty fast and I don't see the slowdown like I've seen in the past. I'll be waiting at least a revision more.

8. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Exactly. You should never make your decision based on rumors. Unless someone leaves one in a bar again and you can actually see what it will really be. I hope that never happens again. I like my apple mystery! It's what makesthe keynotes magical.

9. jtt2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know

I realize that the a actual product could be different than the speculation - I was just wondering what, if anybody has seen, so far, to even bring up this issue - I have not seen anything yet but I guess to answer the question for myself - even though I love my video/pciture quality, if it had a major improvement and there were some other upgrades in the hardware - that would be enough to push me over the edge.

Iphone 6 probably won't come out for a year so since I have owned my IP4 for over a year now that may be another factor for me when I weigh my decision.

10. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Am I the only one who dislikes the block-like design of the ip4 and the way it feels in my hand? I loved the curved design of the ip3g, and if ip5 is anything like it, consider me sold. :)

11. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

You are not alone. I am waiting patiently for the 5. I don't like how the4 feels in my hand at all. My phone spends a lot of time in my hand I have to like how it feels. I will be getting the 5 regardless, my 3GS needs updating.

12. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

These people are just making preemptive decisions based on the rumours of the device. Like others have said, just wait and see. When it's released, walk into an Apple store and compare the iPhone 5 side by side with your iPhone 4. If your iPhone 4 suits you, then just walk out of there a happy person. If you like the iPhone 5 better, then buy it and walk out of there a happy person (either way you walk out a happy person).

13. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

LOL. This is all speculation. For all you know the next iPhone could make gold or having some kind of transporter technology :p Then it would be worth buying.

14. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

15. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Wait until release. If you find that it's worth the money spent to upgrade, then upgrade. If not, don't.

16. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Umm, I would still get it regardless

So yeah, you should too :)

17. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I'm with you brother. Still holding on to my 3GS.

18. saberahul macrumors 68040

My rec: wait for it to be released, check out the features, if they suit your needs then buy it. If not, then iPhone 6 should look optimistic.

19. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

How about you wait until the iPhone 5 is officially released first? If the latest rumors are true, then the iPhone 5 will be the biggest upgrade the iPhone has ever gotten. It'll be lightyears above the iPhone 4.

I agree completely. I hated the iPhone 4 design, ever since the prototype leak. That's why i'm still holding onto my iPhone 3G, waiting patiently for the 5. I've waited so long, 1 more month makes no difference if it'll be released in October.

20. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Depends on a few things

Can you afford it?

Are yu happy enough with your iPhone 4?

How far along is your contract?

Me personally I don't have the money to buy the 5 due to gettn married next year and I dont think it will be improved enough to make it worth the money so will wait for the 6 next year when my contract is up next dec

21. ann713 macrumors 6502a

It's not worth worrying about until the 5 is actually released!

22. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Actually, I prefer the blocky iP4 to the 3G I used to have. Maybe its a cuz I have big hands & you kinow what they say about guys with big hands dont cha? Well, dont believe a word of it! :mad:

But at the end of the day it really dosent matter as Ive always used a VERY protective case like the defender.