Should I get the iPhone 6s or stay with the 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cannibal_Yoshi, Feb 16, 2016.

  1. Cannibal_Yoshi macrumors newbie

    Cannibal_Yoshi

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2016
    #1
    I have an iPhone 6 with a cracked screen which I plan to go repair soon, I was thinking about getting it repaired then handing it down to my father and getting myself the 6s but do you guys think I should just hold on to it till the 7 comes out?
     
  2. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

    rijc99

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2015
    Location:
    FEMA Region 9
  3. JulesJam macrumors 68020

    JulesJam

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    #3
    I would get the iP6s - 2GB of RAM is a huge improvement over 1GB. Then when the iP7 is released, sell the iP6s and get the iP7.
     
  4. jamface macrumors member

    jamface

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2016
    #4
    throw the 6 in the trash and buy a 6s today. thats what i'd do, anyway...
     
  5. JulesJam macrumors 68020

    JulesJam

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    #5
    No don't throw away the iP6, repair it and sell it or give it to a family member. But yes, get the iP6s, 2GB of RAM makes a huge difference.
     
  6. xixi.li macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2015
    Location:
    hongkong
    #6
    Yeah , waiting for the 7.
    iPhone 7 will be release This year before October
     
  7. William Wales macrumors member

    William Wales

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2015
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #7
    This question is confusing some people who want to upgrade their iPhone. According to the previous roll-out date, iPhone 7 will be released on September as expected. There is just 7 months left before iPhone 7 comes out. What's more, iPhone 7 will has some improvement and new features. So I suggest that you should repair your iPhone 6, because it can maintain your current usage. I think iPhone 6 can meet all your needs. If you are not hurry to hand it down to your father, maybe iPhone 7 is the better choice.
     
  8. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
  9. Simche macrumors member

    Simche

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2015
    Location:
    Europe
    #9
    I would also choose to wait until iPhone 7 comes out
     
  10. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2010
    #10
    Personally, I think that the 6s is a great phone, but nothing about it has made me feel like I need to upgrade my 6. It's always tempting to get the newest device, but right now my 6 doesn't feel in any way limited or slow. In fact, I've always intended to get a 7, but my 6 continues to hold up so well that unless the Apple offers something truly impressive in the fall I may keep my 6 for another year.
     
  11. willmtaylor, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016

    willmtaylor macrumors G3

    willmtaylor

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2009
    Location:
    A Natural State
    #11
    Repair now if crack is bad--wait until later if not.

    I would wait for the 7 at this point.
     
  12. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

    cableguy84

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2015
    Location:
    Essex
    #12
    Iphone 6s has been out nearly 6 months now.
    Might aswell wait for the 7
     
  13. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

    AustinIllini

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2011
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    #13
    Wait for the 7, for sure.

    The only way I would recommend going to the 6S/6S+ is if you're on Android and you hate it.
     
  14. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

    v0lume4

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2012
    #14
    Definitely wait for the 7. I have the iPhone 5 and it still works great. A little slow, but it gets the job done well. And you're in a much better position than me--you have the iPhone 6. So I would wait for the 7.
     
  15. bpeeps macrumors 68020

    bpeeps

    Joined:
    May 6, 2011
    #15
    So basically spend $1200+ on phones all within 7 months while operating a loss from the depreciation of the phone you sell. Practical advice.
     
  16. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

    zachlegomaniac

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2008
  17. Adam552 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 30, 2006
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK.
    #17
    How bad is the crack? If the iPhone is still perfectly usable, wait for the 7.
     
  18. nburwell macrumors 68040

    nburwell

    Joined:
    May 6, 2008
    Location:
    PHL
    #18
    I'm with the majority here, repair the 6 and wait for the 7.
     
  19. ABC5S macrumors 68040

    ABC5S

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2013
    Location:
    Florida
  20. JulesJam macrumors 68020

    JulesJam

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    #20
    No, the iP6 would cost $115 to fix including tax. If it has 16GB of storage, is in good shape and is unlocked from the carrier, it can be sold and even after listing fees and shipping should net $350 or more. So net after the screen repair about $235 or likely more.

    new 16GB iP6s = $690 after tax or you can get one in Mint or New condition off of swappa for even less.

    $690 - $235 = $455


    Then when the iP7 comes out, sell the iP6s, you should net at least $350.

    $690 + $455 - $350 = $795


    So you end up spending $105 more than if you waited for the iP7 to be released but for that $105, you get to have a phone with 2GB of RAM, which I think it worth it.
     
  21. bpeeps macrumors 68020

    bpeeps

    Joined:
    May 6, 2011
    #21
    Or just spend $10 extra and fix the screen.

    While I dislike the 1GB of RAM in iP6, 2GB is not a dealmaker given the time left until iP7 release.
     
  22. JulesJam macrumors 68020

    JulesJam

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    #22
    It's a deal breaker for me. By the time you get an iP7 unless you are able to preorder, it will be October. It is February. Life is too short for me to use a phone with 1GB of RAM. The performance difference is noticeable.
     
  23. cracksoup macrumors 6502

    cracksoup

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2014
    #23
    iPhone 7 is 7 months away so it would still make sense to get the 6S. However I would wait if I could. Now remember that the next iPhone is rumoured to get rid of the 3,5mm headphone jack and that is one reason why I decided to skip the 7 and go for the 6S+ instead. I want to see what happens this September. I'm a little too dependent on the 3,5mm to just get rid of it right away.
     
  24. Blujelly macrumors 65816

    Blujelly

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2012
    Location:
    South East England
    #24
    If you can afford to buy the IP6S now and the then the 7 later (that's if you want the 7) I would.

    if not wait for the 7 mate
     
  25. Cannibal_Yoshi thread starter macrumors newbie

    Cannibal_Yoshi

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2016
    #25
    Went to my local Apple Store today and got my screen fixed for $119 with tax. It's looks like new so I'm just gonna stick with it till the 7 comes out
     

Share This Page