Should I get the new 3G Nano or the Shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DAKnits, Jan 10, 2008.

1. DAKnits macrumors newbie

A few days ago, I was at the Apple store to exchange the 4gb Nano I got for the Holidays for the 3G Nano with 8gb for use at the gym and for entertainment while waiting for my daughter at ballet and gymnastics -- I figured for only $50, it was worth the "upgrade" to the 8gb. Since this is the first time I've ever even seen an ipod, I'm totally uneducated about this world. :eek: While there, one of the store employees persuaded me to look at the iphone and I kind of got carried away and ended up with iphone instead. :eek:

Now I'm not sure if I should keep the iphone or if I should wait until a new version comes out since I don't *really* need a new phone. However , after seeing the iphone, I *do* plan on eventually getting the iphone, even if it's in 6 months to a year.

If I keep the iphone, I wouldn't get an ipod at all, but if I don't keep it, my question is, knowing I will be getting an iphone at some point, based on your experience with ipods, do you think I should I get the new Nano, or should I just get a Shuffle until I get the iphone? I want something that I'll really enjoy until the new version of the iphone comes out.

Thanks for any advice!

2. LoganT macrumors 68020

I think you should wait until MacWorld to see if they update the Nanos.

3. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I say get the Nano you had. I got one from my wife for xmas and I love it. It´s small and handy. I personally prefer to have a screen and be able to play what I want. I was sitting in a car for 4 hours today. I watched 2 episodes of the Simpsons I had on my Nano, listened to music, checked my calendar (that I sync with my Mac) when I got a call about a job.

You can´t enjoy a Shuffle the same way

4. DAKnits thread starter macrumors newbie

yoak, thanks so much, that really helps my decision. I can definitely see getting a lot more use and enjoyment out of the Nano. Do you have the 4 gb or the 8gb? I'm thinking the 8gb is worth the extra $50.

LoganT, I agree with you and I am waiting until after Macworld to buy because depending on what is said about the iphone, I'm going to make a decision whether or not to keep it. If I do keep it, I won't buy an ipod, although I did read that using the iphone as an ipod eats the battery quite a bit, and I definitely wouldn't want to eat up my whole battery so that I don't end up having a working phone by the end of the day. Regardless, there's no way I can buy both so it'll have to be one or the other.

Thanks for the replies!