Should I get the new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PittsDriver, Mar 18, 2012.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I am sure there have been a ton of posts just like these, but I haven't managed to find one. I have an iPad 2 right now and love it. Of course I love gadgets and love to have the latest, but I have been really torn on whether to get the new one or not. For those that had the 2, and upgraded, are you glad you did?

2. funkeruski macrumors regular

I'm going back and forth on keeping it. I've got an iPad 1 and iPad 2, 2 kids and a wife. I'm justifying it because we've been having iPad conflicts lately. The screen is definitely better, and the LTE is blazing fast. Just not sure if I really need it. Gonna check my credit card bill tomorrow (taking flying lessons and have been buying a lot of toys lately..... lightspeed Zulu.2:D ), and that may determine the future of the new iPad.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

There is the justification for it right there. Use it as an EFB. :D

That is what I plan on using it for once/if ERAU approves its use.

4. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

How funny, I am a commercial pilot. And I can recommend the Zulu 2. I have both the Zulu and Zulu 2 they are amazing headsets. I really want it, but I don't really NEED it lol. Although I am sure it will be much better looking at charts and what not with regard to flying.

5. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

I have an iPad 2 and decided to upgrade to this one and I'm glad I did. If you have the financial backup then I say go for it.

6. funkeruski macrumors regular

Have you had a chance to go see the new screen in person? If not, you should probably go have a look. I keep going back and forth on whether to keep it, but the new display is making it really hard. If you got plenty of disposable income, then go for it.

7. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I can afford it right now, maybe I will buy one and just try it. If I don't like it I will take it back.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I have both 2 & 3.

As is typical of any new Apple product, it's all roses at the moment.

After six months it'll be just another Apple product.

If you're happy with yours, I'd stand fast. There's no truly compelling reason to upgrade. 99% of all the people that aren't Apple enthusiasts, that I've shown my iPad 3 too, all comment on how they can hardly see any difference. That's a very revealing statistic. One that I've also read in mainstream reports.

I'm not saying there's no difference, but it's hardly as dramatic as most enthusiasts claim. It's a nice iPad, but not worth losing sleep over. I upgraded cause I could easily afford it. Even though I'm a huge Apple enthusiast, I will always be honest and point out both the Pro's & Con's.

Remember you can always buy it later if you must.

9. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I am loving mine, I went from a 1 to the 2 to the new one, and I can see the difference in screen quality, performance and general functions I am enjoying more with the screen.

My only problem is, I live and work in areas with a fair bit of cell congestion and sadly on't get anywhere near the DC-HSPA speeds that my area should be getting.

10. lpj8 macrumors member

I've got an iPad 2, and the "new iPad" right now.

Both are great, but for the purpose that the iPad serves in my house (namely my wife checking email, researching coupon deals, and checking facebook), the iPad 2 works very well. So, the new iPad is going back.

Yes, the screen is great, and the upgrade camera is nice. But its all about how you'll use it. They both are great. No bad decision really.